Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2006, 05:27 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

I have found that when on 30 amp service only one compresser will operate. Try switching your refrigerator over to LP GAS. That will allow more electric power to AC. Always worked for me. You might have to turn off AC and restart.

2007 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Bigdog05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 07:07 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

No it is 50 amp
Old 05-15-2006, 03:59 AM   #23
Winnebago Master

Both compressors will definetly work on a 30 amp system. The EMS will manage the load. If you are popping breakers at 27 Amps you have a weak breaker at the incoming box. Have the park replace this with a good quality breaker and you will have no more problems. Been there done that.
Izzyblueye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

I have a 30 amp 03 suncruiser. I found that the hotter it gets the more amps the ac draws until it shuts down one compressor. Once this happens the temp shoots up as the one ac won,t keep up. The solution for me was a power solutions product that allows you to operate the 2nd compressor seperately by using the extra 20 amp or 30 if there is 50 amps. It is an extra plug that wires up in about an hour to your existing box (where the shoreline goes into the coach.) It also allows me to operate both compressors when the electric heater is on. It saves about8-10 amps or so and allows other devices like the electric heater and mcro wave to run at the same time as the ac or electric heater is on.cost about 90 bucks and so far has worked flawlessly.-John

cookie monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:49 AM   #25
Winnebago Master

Cooke Monster: Your post is interesting. I had something similar to what you describe on a Bounder. It allowed me use both top A/C's at the same time. I understood the guy went out of business, even though he had a great system. What is the name of your supplier, or did you make your own.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:52 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Its called a dual power adapter by power solutions. the number is 800 536 4995 and I think he is still in busines. Its kind of a neat deal. You use an extra cord which plugs in direct to the 2nd ac which is on a 20 amp circuit. When not in use the 2nd ac works as normal. On our rigs with the auto management it works g reat but it also works on 2 roof airs without the management system or on a 50 amp rig when only 30 is available. These basement air systems on 30 amps won,t hack it in extreme heat. I think all these newer large coaches should have been made with 50 amp and I was disapointed until I installed this unit. Once during a winnebago outing on a very hot day I noticed out of a dozen rigs with basement air only 2 were able to hold the temp to a comfortable level. They were both 50 amp rigs. None of the 30 amp rigs could keep the temp much below hi 80,s. Wwhen the capacity gets real hi the first thing to go is the electric waterheater and this is no big deal but next is the 2nd ac and when that shuts down the temp diffferance is about 10 degrees. 80 degrees inside is not bad when its105 outside but 90 is misserable.

cookie monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #27
Winnebago Master

Cookie Monster: Thanks for information and response. Sounds like the same system I had on my Bounder. I'll Google it first, then use the phone number. Right now I run a second 20 amp line in and use it for electric heaters, vacuum cleaners etc while the two compressors are running. I haven't had a temperature problem so far with the basement system in 90+ heat. But you can't run anything else of significance.