Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-18-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Basement a/c

My air comes out cold but doesn’t cool coach what ever the temperature is out side it’s the same in side all filters are clean and I can feel and hear compressor working the baffling thing is when I run electric heat it warms coach up in a matter of minimal I need help on how to cool coach down
Bigmac1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 05:37 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I guess first off are you plugged into shore power, and if so is it 50 amp assuming your rig is set up for 50. You say that cold air is coming out but not cooling the coach, take a thermometer and get a reading at the cold air vents. It should read somewhere around 20 degress colder than inside air temp. You may be low on Freon and may need to have that checked.

The electric heat is the ac working backwards, do you get warm out of the same vents as the cold air? If you are getting warm air out of the floor vents then the gas heat is on along with the electric heat. Once the temp. gets to the point where the elect. can keep up the warm air will come out of the ceiling vents.

Just a side note, welcome the forum. It would be helpful for you to put what coach you have in the sign. part profile so we know what you have. Its a big help.
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 08:26 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Yes it’s 50 amp and I only turn on electric heat so yes it comes out the ceilings vents and yes it’s coming out 20 degrees cooler at vents the bathroom has a vent and a door and it’s ice cold I know it a small room and a door on it so I get that I’m sitting in the living room with electric heat going and it running me to thermostat to turn it down it’s like I said it’s doesn’t make sense why it doesn’t cool the coach down but it doesn’t and I that I had hope from one guy on u tube az expert in az but he just went out of business so I’m in the same boat I was in it has been this way ever since I bought my adventure 3year ago the control panel says both ac are working the vent are putting out a good flow I’m gonna try a guy in San Diego to look at it when the temperature out side goes down it will freeze you out of the coach HELP
Bigmac1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:14 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I assume your MH has an amp meter in the inverter remote display. If only one compressor is running the meter should display 13/13 amps when nothing else is running except the basement unit/ 24-28A if both compressors are running.
#2 compressor will not run unless #1 is running, so if only one compressor is running it must be #1.
RVP service manual
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:01 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

If the bath is cold and the rest is hot, I might first look at the ductwork. Perhaps it is not well designed but then there are things that can happen to stop or change the airflow. Some simple things to ask might be if the ducts are open and are they clear?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote