Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Exclamation Dash A/C Fuse Location 1995 Warrior

Hi Everyone,
thank you for accepting me in this forum. I have a 1995 Winnebago Warrior and the Dash AC is not working. I have replaced the AC compressor and the relay but still not working. The AC Compressor is not engaging. The manual said check the fuse but the only fuse box I can see is the one under the hood in front of the steering Wheel. Looks like there is another fuse box that is connected to the relay and starter solenoid. I could not locate this 30 amp fuse. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
masjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You did not list which size RV you have so , some guessing needed?
Often that year and model will have a control center inside, possibly near or below the frig. It will likely have a metal panel over it but inside it has a 20 amp breaker located as this drawing shows?

There is also a 30 amp breaker but since you did not mention other things like the outlets and microwave as not working it should not be the problem but you might need to check near where the power cord is located if ALL AC electrical is out.

Click to get a better picture or go here for complete wiring info for your specific RV:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-09-23 151334control center.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	180910  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I got the impression he is working on the chassis AC
Old 09-23-2021, 02:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

HI Richard,
Thank you for the reply. Sorry it is 25.4' length.
I saw this control centre , but I'm actually looking for the fuse that is connected to the ac on the engine side.

All appliances on the coach side is working fine.
Old 09-23-2021, 02:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

How did you charge the system? It has to run to charge the system and if it is not charged the low pressure switch will prevent the compressor clutch from engaging. Normally to charge you would jumper across the low pressure switch just to get the compressor to turn and pull in the refrigerant.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

HI Brian,
I brought it to a shop to have them charge the system. 4 mechanic already tried to figure out the problem but couldnt solve it. They try to search for the Vehicle using VIN number but no luck since there's no category for Winnebago Warrior. I'm doing my own research here hoping someone here has experience the same problem. Already changed the Condenser Fan, AC Relay and the latest was the AC Compressor..... $$$ is already pilling up lol but they still could not fix the issue.
Old 09-23-2021, 03:31 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I would start by looking for power at the low pressure switch and high pressure switch (key on, AC on). There should be power on both sides of these switches. If not you will need to trace out the circuit and see why no power. There may be other switches such as a WOT cutout switch that could be bad. You will have to "find" the power and follow it to where it stops. Some compressors have a low refrigerant cutout fuse right on the compressor but if you took it to a real AC shop they would know about those, anyway I haven't seen one of those in a while, they may only exist on the old stuff. Did anyone verify that there was power both entering and leaving the relay? (key on AC on)
Old 09-23-2021, 03:34 PM   #8
Site Team

Never mind... I though I saw you say it was on a Sprinter Chassis.

It's a Chevy Chassis with a 7.4 454 fuel injected V8. You might need to have an Auto A/C shop look for info on basic 1995 Chevy A/C systems.

Winnebago doesn't usually modify anything in the chassis -so it's just a Chevy when it comes to dash A/C. When looking up parts via the Vin stick the Chevy listings, not Winnebago or Warrior.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:31 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hi Brian,
I have no idea where those switches are and how to test them. I found one that looks like a switch just beside the AC Relay but have no idea how to test them. I have a multimeter I can use, if you have an idea how i can do it , please let me know.
I wish I can post some pics here so I can show you what i see
Old 09-24-2021, 09:49 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Hi Brian,

Let me see if this image will work. this is the Switch that I saw, i just googled the part number and it looks like its a Thermostat Switch

Part #A46-3122-030
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AC2E4862-45B1-47DE-BABE-BD2E2AD51459.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	114.4 KB
ID:	180916  
Old 09-24-2021, 10:04 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Trying to post another photo , hoping it will work
This is the other fuse box I’m trying to find

Looks like it is under the dashboard but I can’t see it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	4A78EF80-45EC-4C02-8C6D-85FB00D8D16D.jpeg
Views:	111
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	180917  
Old 09-24-2021, 11:30 AM   #12
Winnebago Master

The low pressure switch is on the accumulator which is a big cannister looking thing usually located near the firewall since from there the refrigerant line goes to the evaporator located in your ducting next to the heater core. It screws in and has 2 terminals. The high pressure switch is usually in the small line coming off the compressor, it too will have 2 terminals and is normally quite small compared to the low pressure switch. Both switches must be closed for compressor clutch operation. If you look in any repair book for that era of Chevy trucks and vans things should be similar. Also ask the shop how they were able to engage the compressor in order to charge the system, did they just hotwire it?
Old 09-24-2021, 11:33 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Here is an example of the LP switch
https://www.group1autoparts.com/oem-...BoChoAQAvD_BwE
Old 09-24-2021, 11:36 AM   #14
Winnebago Master

And here's an example of a HP switch https://www.autozone.com/cooling-hea...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

If you don't find power at these switches (key on AC on) you will have to back track till you find it
Old 09-24-2021, 02:51 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

HI Brian,
I think I located the pressure Switch but not sure if its the low pressure or high pressure. Okay I will check it with a multimeter. so just to check if there is power flowing thru the lines going through the switch right ?

When they charged the system they have a machine that they used and connected it to the high pressure line and low pressure line.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:40 PM   #16
Winnebago Master

Yes, were just going there to try and find power, we have to find where the power is and where it isn't in order to find the problem. Remember to turn the key on and the AC switch on. Actually we don't even know if the switches are positive or ground, you'll need to check from each terminal to ground looking for power and if no dice then check ohms between each terminal and ground. Some systems have 12 volts at the clutch and the cutouts are ground activated. We really need a wiring diagram of your system, and a repair manual for your chassis that explains the function of the AC. Without being there this won't be easy. Can you check for power at the connection to the clutch? This way we will know if we are looking at an open ground.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:10 PM   #17
Site Team

RE: Posting photos.

Photo files end in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif and .png. Those URLs you are posting as photos are webpages not photos. I downloaded the actual photos on those pages to my computer and attached them to your posts.

The second issue is that you didn’t have enough posts to post photos without the being approved manually by a moderator. This explains both why the posts nor the photos were showing up after you posted them… and why they show now.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2021, 06:03 PM   #18
Winnebago Master

You did check under the driver's seat for another fuse box didn't you?
Old 09-29-2021, 05:06 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Look behind the alternator, right side top of the engine. Theres a junction block there with relays
Old 09-29-2021, 08:51 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

A 1995 Warrior is a Chevy chassis and the systems are so simple and generic that any halfway decent mechanic should be able to jumper the clutch and charge the system. A mechanic would have to be highly incompetent to have trouble working on such a simple and basic system. Sadly too many today can only troubleshoot problems when there is a computer hookup to tell them what to do. Most old codgers would be able to get to the root cause with a jumper lead and a simple $10 VOHM Meter or Test Light. That 4 mechanics worth their pay could not figure out a very basic Chevy Bread truck is extremely sad. Wish you were local.

On some you may find the spade fuse in an inline holder near the compressor or even mounted on the back of the clutch assembly on some of the old Frigidair units.

Here are the links to the brochure an operators manuals for your coach.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Imag...arrior-bro.pdf

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../95Warrior.pdf

On the 1995 Warrior you will also find some of your chassis fuses under the flip up instrument pod which is shown on page 6 of section 9 in your operators manual.

Tags
fuse, dash, cat