Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2021, 11:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

A/C Help

Hello. I need some expertise on a Coleman-Mach Series 48000 air conditioner. It's on our 2016 Winnie/Itasca Spirit 31K motor home. We're about midway on a 6 to 7 week trip in the southwest states.

Yesterday when we turned it on, it sounded different--louder and lower pitch. I noticed that the fan did not come on. I had noted that several times recently it had sounded like this, but always started within a minute or so. There have been a few times when I would turn it on and nothing happened at all for a couple minutes.

What's your opinion of what is causing the problem. Capacitors are often a problem, but the whole compressor could be dead.

What are some troubleshooting things I can do? I need expertise and need it quickly.

TYIA
Old 09-22-2021, 05:27 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I suggest downloading the service manual for your exact model. It should have a troubleshooting section. It's best to avoid the "shotgun" approach and follow the flowcharts step by step.

I tried two sites but "Coleman-Mach Series 48000" wasn't enough to lead me to a manual:

https://www.airxcel.com/rv/coleman-m...cument-library

https://myrvworks.com/manuals/

Good luck.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote