Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-07-2023, 03:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

A/C and fuses 1997 Winnebago Adventurer WCG32WQ

I have a 1997 winnebago adventurer model WCG32WQ. The heater is not coming on. No blower or anything. AC works good. Thermostats have new fuses. It is a air v. I can not locate the fuses. Brakers are on. The only fuse box is under the dash. The manufacturer said ther is in the front right of the engine, there is not one there. Any ideas?
Trthomp2p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 03:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Dash heater or house furnace ?
Wakullabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 04:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

House
Old 03-07-2023, 06:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

This sounds like it is likely to be a 12 volt DC problem.
what we expect on the furnace is that when we turn the thermostat up above room temp. the contacts on the thermostat close and send power to the furnace where the blower should start right away.
So one place to start is at the 12Volt DC breakers. This is NOT the breakers for 110 AC but it may beunder the same cover, just beside the 110, etc.
Co you know where that 12VDC panel is?
It will likely be where breakers for inside lights, vents, and those items are located.
I'm getting some conflict in what the drawings show to expect and what the owners manual seems to show, so you will have to do some looking to see if one or the other is right!
I would suggest starting at the breaker or fuse panel to check the breaker for the furnace.
The owners manual shows it on page 6-6 as this:
Click these snips to get a better view.
Click image for larger version

Name:	12VDC.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	185358
If you know where your converter or "load center" is, there may be a cover to flip down to find the DC fuses at right and one may be labeled furnace??

OR?
The drawings for 12VDC show it being a breaker.

Name:	JB first left.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	185359

These drawings are as viewed from the REAR, so we have to turn it around to locate the correct breaker. The correct one shows as first at right on bottom row but turned around to view from front, that will be first from LEFT on bottom row!
If you can find one or the other check the fuse is good or if a breaker, try flipping it fully off and then back fully on. They sometimes don't trip all the way and may hide if we only look at them!

See what that does, maybe?

Meanwhile do you have a users manual in a bgig case of info that should have been with the RV? We may need to check the power getting to the furnace itself.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 06:08 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

What is the make and model of your LP furnace? The RV appliance expert is Old-Biscuit over on irv2.com. Your sign-in credentials that work here also work there.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 03:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Fuse box

I have been convinced that the only fuse box is located underneath the dashboard. I have brakers over the microwave and below fridge.
I have looked everywhere for the fuse box. It's not in the engine, where the brakers are or the converter location. I have no heat in the house. That is no big deal.
How ever I have hot water in the water heater but nothing in the sink ot shower. There are to switch in the bathroom and one will get the water warm and it turns off cold and hot water.

There are switches on the side of the kitchen sink. One is red an the other is standard switches. Don't know what they are for.

1997 winnebago adventurer 32wq.

If you can make sense of this of this or any advice please..
Old 03-12-2023, 04:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I would have to ask why you think it is a fuse instead of a breaker?
Have you checked the breakers as I mentioned in post number 4?
Old 03-12-2023, 04:39 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I would have to ask why you think it is a fuse instead of a breaker?
Have you checked the breakers as I mentioned in post number 4?
I should have mentioned this. We did check the braker.
There was one under the refrigerator, I turned them all off and back on just to make sure I got the right one. There is a push button over the microwave I checked that. The batterys are 100% and the converter is working.
Old 03-12-2023, 05:13 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Okay, since fuses and breakers are4 less likely to be the real problem, maybe moving on to check that it is getting to the furnace will be quicker!
I think this will be the correct manual but that has some guessing as there are times when furnaces get changed out. This is what the parts catalog shows for the OEM furnace but if it looks different, that is always possible on older RV.

https://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...11-05-2015.pdf

Lots of good info here to know but the big point I would start at is the 12VDC power getting to the furnace. You will need to open the cover oputside and find these two wires to check the voltage and it requires AT LEAST 9.5 volts.

Name:	furn.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	185379

While looking at them, also check they are not loose or corroded as that is one of the more frequent problems as they set so long when stored! If they are plug in type connections, try to wiggle them a bit to help scrape any corrosion off.

Page 26 will tell you what to expect in the order it has to work. If any step fails to do as shown, stop there and find that problem before trying to go further.

But then if that doesn't clear the problem, going down the troubleshooting chart on page 30 is wherer I would go next. I might skip down to where it says to check the 12VDC to the furnace.
RV furnace are not hard to fix but we need to go slow and check ourself to be sure we are not missing the real problem.

Good luck on the hunt!
Old 03-12-2023, 06:27 PM   #10
1996 Itasca 29Q

If the furnace is getting the power it might be the control board, there is a sail switch that shuts the burner off if there isn't enough airflow but it doesn't sound like that is the problem.
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, winnebago, vent, adventurer