Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

99 Adventurer A/C unit selection?

I'm presently trying to identify and sort out issues with our new to us Winnie. Today I got the MH hooked up to shore power. The rear AC unit works fine, but no luck with the front.

The manual states that units with dual AC will have a selector switch in the cabinet above the microwave. I am not finding any selector switch, just the 12v circuit breakers. With the rear unit off I've tried to run the front but cannot get any cooling output. The blower runs in fan/auto, but shuts off when selecting AC/auto. In manual the amp draw drops when switched from fan to ac, but the fan keeps running.

Thoughts and idea appreciated, or links to a relevant previous thread.
Celeriac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 11:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

You might want to check out this thread over at classic winnebagos:

Dual Air Conditioner power switch functioning properly?

There is a very specific way to run both AC's.
Old 07-18-2019, 04:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for that link. It doesn't really clear things up, but it gives me some things to look into and some possible avenues of inquiry.

I will post any findings.
Celeriac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:46 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Well, I contacted Winnebago. After many days I did get a reply with a diagram showing where the selector switch should be- but it isn't there. The MH does have the the power management system, so I got to thinking it may play into the mix. I concluded that the front AC should always work, and the power management will shed the rear if needed. Makes sense. I asked Winnebago, and they replied that I need to take it to a dealer.

Then I finally got my brain engaged and tried swapping the thermostats- behold the front works and the rear doesn't. All that to figure out the thermostat is faulty. New thermostat is on order.

So