Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2022, 07:54 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

Since there seems to be some doubt about the thermostat, it may be time to test it.

IF you get the right manual for it, there will be info on what wires are going to the furnace and since the thermostat is just a form of switch that closes the circuit when calling for heat, putting a jumper across those two wires will make the furnace think the thermostat is calling for heat full time and let you rule the thermostat in/out as the problem.

Or if you have the manual for the furnace, it may be easier to find the correct wiring there. But since you've never told us what you have, general suggestions is about all we can offer.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:14 PM   #42
Winnie-Wise

I believe I have the instalation instructions and wiring diagram in my folder of info I got from the dealer. I will have to take a look later. Babysitting my 1-year-old Grandson today, and taking my 1-year-old pup for a hike tomorrow. So, Maybe Thursday! LOL
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 01:33 PM   #43
Winnebago Master

There are several levels of the instructions for furnace, so if the onboard stuff doesn't go deep enough, more searching online can often find the real stuff for the deep dive.
Old 06-08-2022, 07:39 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

Furnace

Go to myrvworks.com, sounds like the flame sensor might be bad. Hr is a good teacher and has all kinds of good videos on Rv repair
Rbeckwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:55 PM   #45
Winnebago Owner

I will also have to look at all of these suggestions, although my 2022 2529RG is in the shop for other repairs but I have them checking the furnace for a similar issue. I turned it on, it fired up - it could be heard - some warm air was coming from the vents but no obvious fan. My A/C had a similar issue - would come on for a minute or two, shut off for a few minutes and repeat. Simple solution - - the idiot engineers placed a vent blowing directly on the thermostat. Closed the vent. Problem solved
n9wdq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022, 04:55 PM   #46
Winnie-Wise

Well, I thought I would give a little update. I messed with the furnace off and on until the triple digit temperatures arrived without much success. We have a couple other warranty issues that need to be taken care of. So we decided to take it in and let the dealer solve the problem.

I will post what they come up with.

Thanks everyone for the help and ideas!!!
Old 12-07-2022, 06:43 PM   #47
Winnie-Wise

Well, I thought I would give a little update on this issue. Our TT has been at the dealer to address this issue as well a couple other minor thing since the end of October. I had to call Winnebago about another issue and asked if there had been anything in my records regarding repairs at the dealer. The CSR indicated they gave the ok to fix this issue.

Apparently, the repair department told Winnebago there was hot air blowing up the wall that has the thermostat on it from the duct under the floor. That was causing the furnace to turn off prior to actually achieving the air temperature the thermostat was set at. I was told they have to remove the dinette, open up the wall and insulate the thermostat.

Hummmmmmmmmmm. I hope they thoroughly test it after this repair!
Old 12-07-2022, 07:57 PM   #48
Winnebago Master

An idiot type suggestion that may not mean a thing?
If the problem is that the thermostat sets on a hollow wall and air blows up to the back, how about doing something simple like pull the thermostat off the wall and spray foam into the void to fill it and stop the air coming from the bottom?

Hot air reaching the back of the thermostat is a likely sounding problem but their solution sounds pretty difficult for solving a common problem.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:33 AM   #49
Winnie-Wise

I would like to know how the hot air is getting there in the first place. One would assume the wall sits on the floor and the heat duct would be a metal raceway with vents for the various ducts. I know it dumps air in the underbelly to heat the tanks, but you would think that would be sealed from the interior of the TT.

If they were closer, I would go down and see for myself.
Old 12-09-2022, 02:57 PM   #50
Winnie-Wise

Well, I got a call from my TT dealer's repair department and my TT is ready to be picked up. With the 2529RG TT, there is a heat vent (actually just a big open hole in the floor) under the pantry, which is around the corner from the thermostat. Warm air from this vent was going up the thermostat's wall and effecting its function. They said mine was the 4th they have recently fixed.

They are going to keep it down there until spring as we have about a foot of snow on the ground and expecting 5 - 10" later today.

Tags
ace, furnace, propane