Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-11-2021, 05:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2108DS furnace

We have a new 2020 2108ds and have never used the furnace. how does it work. We are plugged into proper shore power and full tanks of propane we turn on wall mounted control and cycle through a/c to furnace with fan on either auto/high or low with temperature set to 70 and all that happens is fan on ceiling keeps pumping out cold air. The fan where heater is near floor is silent and no hot air is coming out. What are we are doing wrong. The instructions are near useless. Does it have a pilot light that need to be lite? this is our first trailer and there is a steep learning curve but this seems to be something that should be idiot proof
Chiefdeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2021, 07:22 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Chiefdeck, if you could identify the manufacturer and model number of your furnace and your wall thermostat it would help. If not, a picture of the thermostat may help. I am pretty sure that it does not have a pilot light. Here are a few thoughts:
1) Have you checked that propane is working on other appliances like the stove?
2) Do you have the trailer +12V power turned on while plugged into shore power? It should be on.
3) Some wall thermostats can easily be taken off the wall by either removing a couple of screws or sliding it up off of some mounting lugs. You might try that and look for any loose connections or broken wires.
4) Not sure of all furnaces but usually they do not have a high/low setting for the fan. The fan (or blower) usually just comes on automatically when the thermostat calls for heat.
5) The fan blowing from the ceiling is coming from your air conditioner. Do you know if your rooftop air conditioner has the heating option? Some do have electric heating elements in them but I wouldn't expect that on your trailer.
6) Have you checked for any furnace fuses or circuit breakers?

Knowing the model number of the furnace and thermostat is key. You can probably find good owner's manual/wiring diagrams/troubleshooting information online with that information.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 07:15 AM   #3
Site Team

It sounds from your description that you have a heat pump air conditioner, though I’m kind of surprised that your TT has one.

Otherwise I can’t figure out why the air from the ceiling - presumably from the A/C - would be on when using the furnace.

There is no pilot light on the furnace. It simply self ignites. All air from the furnace fan should be coming from the floor registers.

On RVs with a heat pump the thermostat has two heat settings, one is “heat elec” and the other “heat gas.” Does your thermostat have these choices?
Old 11-12-2021, 09:31 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Chiefdeck, To operate the furnace in our 2106DS, we need to set the fan to "auto" and then select "furnace" and then set the temperature. Our thermostat is not very accurate and typically needs to set 4-5 degrees higher than the temperature we want.

I would suggest setting your fan to "auto" and then run the "furnace" thermostat up as high as it will go and see if the furnace kicks on.

When our furnace kicks on, first the furnace fan runs for a few seconds and then we hear the igniter click and the burner fire up.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:16 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hi! We had a 2018 2108 ds and all we did was set the thermostat to Auto and then set your temperature. The key is the panel has to be on “Auto “ otherwise it will blow cold.
Dave V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 2106DS View Post
Chiefdeck, To operate the furnace in our 2106DS, we need to set the fan to "auto" and then select "furnace" and then set the temperature. Our thermostat is not very accurate and typically needs to set 4-5 degrees higher than the temperature we want.

I would suggest setting your fan to "auto" and then run the "furnace" thermostat up as high as it will go and see if the furnace kicks on.

When our furnace kicks on, first the furnace fan runs for a few seconds and then we hear the igniter click and the burner fire up.
I have a 2018 2108DS and this is the correct answer for mine...the furnace works well, the thermostat controls are more like a "touch screen" you don't need to push them, just a light touch will do the job. It does help to start a burner on the stove (for just a minute) that will get the gas to the furnace a little quicker. A sail switch problem is common but the fan on the furnace would run for a few minutes while the furnace tries to start, if the burner doesn't start the furnace shuts off.
MainelyScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 04:22 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

try this

When I first unscrew the valve to turn on the propane, it takes awhile for the gas to travel to the appliances using propane. The furnace and the water heater are way down line. Both devices will cycle several times trying to light. You can hear them clicking. After 3 tries, they quit. Turn off the device (water heater or furnace) then turn back on and let them try again. Sometimes may take 3 times before it lights. To speed up the process, turn on the burner on the cooktop. I have noticed that my A/C fan will come on when I'm trying to turn on the furnace. Odd but it happens. My Micro Minnie FBS 2106 is similar to yours.
johnevans3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, furnace