Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2021, 12:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2019 Minnie plus 12v fridge issue

Hi guys
this is Jack, i just got this 2019 Minnie plus 27 BHSS, as brand new unit from dealer. it is equipped with ever chill WD-282FWDC 12V fridge. the issue i have with it is when plug in with 15 amp service( plugin at my garage), the lower fridge is work fine(after half hour i can feel it much cooler then room) but upper freezer is not work(fan is blowing, but after an hour even whole night still as room temperature)
called dealer service, but they seems have no idea (or too busy to get back to me):
if any one have any idea what is wrong with my fridge
xiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 01:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

From what little I can tell by Googling Ever Chill, it is a low cost, probably Chinese made 12V refrigerator. It probably doesn't use the ubiquitous Danfoss compressor (or if it does, it is a knockoff) that most quality DC fridges use.

For all I know there is a separate compressor for the freezer vs refrigerator compartment and the freezer compressor is not running for some reason. Here is the link to their instruction manual which doesn't give an info on your problem in the troubleshooting section: https://clearvision.canto.com/pdfvie...f5t&suffix=pdf

Due to the lack of data on the manufacturer's web site, I doubt that you will get much support. But contact them here and see what they say: https://www.wayinterglobal.com/pages/contact-us

Oh and plugging your RV into a 15A, AC 110V outlet just lets its converter keep your batteries charged while running off of DC. It should run fine with no AC power, at least for a while off of the batteries.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
From what little I can tell by Googling Ever Chill, it is a low cost, probably Chinese made 12V refrigerator. It probably doesn't use the ubiquitous Danfoss compressor (or if it does, it is a knockoff) that most quality DC fridges use.

For all I know there is a separate compressor for the freezer vs refrigerator compartment and the freezer compressor is not running for some reason. Here is the link to their instruction manual which doesn't give an info on your problem in the troubleshooting section: https://clearvision.canto.com/pdfvie...f5t&suffix=pdf

Due to the lack of data on the manufacturer's web site, I doubt that you will get much support. But contact them here and see what they say: https://www.wayinterglobal.com/pages/contact-us

Oh and plugging your RV into a 15A, AC 110V outlet just lets its converter keep your batteries charged while running off of DC. It should run fine with no AC power, at least for a while off of the batteries.

David

thank your David
Old 05-10-2021, 04:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Most frigs do not have the expense of two separate cooling systems but one system which cools the freezer and then a fan system to move varied portions of the cooling down to the frig portion.

Looking at the manual posted above, I see a "wind tunnel knob" located in the freezer section. This indicates to me that there is a system to move air from the freezer to the lower section just as a home frig does it.

If there is cooling, and I would want to verify that with thermometers, I would then want to check that air is free to move from the top where it is cooled to the bottom and that the adjustment is set so that not all that cooling is moved to the bottom.

In the normal home frig it is more common for the top to freeze but the lower not get cool because we tend to stuff things to block the airflow from top to bottom, so you seem to have just the opposite.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 05:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Most frigs do not have the expense of two separate cooling systems but one system which cools the freezer and then a fan system to move varied portions of the cooling down to the frig portion.

Looking at the manual posted above, I see a "wind tunnel knob" located in the freezer section. This indicates to me that there is a system to move air from the freezer to the lower section just as a home frig does it.

If there is cooling, and I would want to verify that with thermometers, I would then want to check that air is free to move from the top where it is cooled to the bottom and that the adjustment is set so that not all that cooling is moved to the bottom.

In the normal home frig it is more common for the top to freeze but the lower not get cool because we tend to stuff things to block the airflow from top to bottom, so you seem to have just the opposite.

Thanks a lot morich
For sure I will check the venting out, and mentioned that to my local dealer service department,if they can look at my case

Tags
fridge