Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2017 minnie drop 170s A/C suddenly stopped

Hi, the A/C cut out on our Minnie Drop travel trailer. We were hooked up to 30amp power. I called a few repair shops and no one will even schedule me an appointment.
And ideas on how I could troubleshoot this myself?
taylorthedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 03:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We are often a bit short on good info on the wiring on trailers as compared to the motorhomes which are better supported but there are certain things that are much the same between the two and we can make some guesses as to repair.

But we need some details on what you are telling when you say it cut out. What happened? Was it running, cooling and gradually quit cooling while still moving the air? Or did it do the more common thing and just stop blowing? Or did it just not come on when you turned the thermostat up to cool?

Reason for the questions is that in the first case you may have lost the gas or more drastic stuff like that, while if the thing just sopped blowing, we might lean more toward a 110 VAC breaker tripping while in the last case, it may be as simple as one of the 12VDC breakers or fuses may have stopped powering the thermostat and controls!

Maybe just a small wire came loose on the thermostat but tell us what's happened so we can begin to tell where to look and what to ignore!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote