Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2020, 09:01 AM   #1
2014 Tour 42GD

2014 Tour GD Basement heat issue

The water bay where I connect my water and sewer does not warm up when I turn the knob for basement hear. The knob is in the next bay forward where the aqua hot and tanks are located. It warms up fine. Why is there no heat in my water bay?
trower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:38 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Check to see if you have air moving through the heater outlet hose - usually located at the back left (forward end) of the compartment just behind the hose reel, when the basement fans are running.

That should start your journey towards a fix. Also - this compartment has a plastic floor and may not 'warm up' as much as other compartments.

Welcome to a new group of friends!
Old 03-26-2020, 02:34 PM   #3
2014 Tour 42GD

I did check the flexible hose hanging in the back of the bay and there is no air coming. Is there a switch to turn a fan on? Certainly if all other heat works then this should also.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:15 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The basement heat is all tied together in one system so there's no separate switch I know of. Wondering if your hose has come loose. You should be able to track the hose back to the heater fan housing (may be located on the ceiling of your main full pass-through storage area. Once you find it turn the heat on and get those fans going and see if you feel air blowing through an outlet flange that may be a hose connection. Of course - if the hose is in two parts the connection further downstream could have come loose.

If needed, on the passenger side of the coach in the bay that holds your water pump and one end of the water tank, you can remove the decorative wall board and literally climb over the water tank to see the back of the AH and add'l water / electric and other lines.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:26 PM   #5
2014 Tour 42GD

Thank you so much for your help Lv2Roam2, I did trace the duct and as you said it goes into the large front compartment ceiling. It appears to me that unless I have the thermostat set at max their will be inadequate heat to keep the water bay from freezing in extremely cold weather. The front compartment gets way warm before the water bay gets luke warm thus turning off the fans. All is not lost though. At this higher temp. the floor of my coach should be a lot warmer! :-) Thanks again.

Tags
heat