Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2011, 02:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question 2003 Norcold 1201 Troubleshoot

Got our 2003 Journey out of storage to winterize, and find the fridge won't work on AC (no AC on the display). Works fine on LP. I'm reading 119 volts where the AC cord plugs into the power board. Don't know how to get to the fuse in the power board. Any help would be appreciated.

Once I get the AC working (if I do) what's the easiest way to winterize the icemaker?

Thanks, Doug
p00ches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00ches View Post
Got our 2003 Journey out of storage to winterize, and find the fridge won't work on AC (no AC on the display). Works fine on LP. I'm reading 119 volts where the AC cord plugs into the power board. Don't know how to get to the fuse in the power board. Any help would be appreciated.

Once I get the AC working (if I do) what's the easiest way to winterize the icemaker?

Thanks, Doug
Doug, there is a power board located on the back of your fridge. It will look like the picture below. Check both fuses first. Make sure the power, both 120 vac and 12 volts are off before you do anything to prevent shorting out something.

Sammie
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Actually you don't need power to the refer to winterize the ice maker. Take a look at my "Winterizing" checklist on my website here Our RV Checklists. It has steps for winterizing the Norcold 1201 icemaker, along with the rest of my rig.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

check out www.mobilervmedic.com Dale Sumner. He has blogs on this site as well. A wealth of knowledge.
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins powered Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Honda CRV, tow-N-4 Down, U.S. Gear Unified Tow brake, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
Actually you don't need power to the refer to winterize the ice maker. Take a look at my "Winterizing" checklist on my website here Our RV Checklists. It has steps for winterizing the Norcold 1201 icemaker, along with the rest of my rig.
You might want to revise your Splendide winterizing routine a little. The first year I had my 2004 I followed those exact instructions given by Splendide and had a broken water distributor in the washer the next spring. Splendide sent me new instructions stating to use a cold cycle then a hot cycle since using warm will give no pink through the hot side as there is nothing coming in on the hot hose. Started doing it that way and have had no problems since 2005, and most Oklahoma winters will hit 0-20 degrees many times.
I use your routine for the ice maker to a "T".

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I have wondered about that exact issue ...and I see the Splendide specific sheet I have says to do exactly that ...but I haven't winterized since the winter of 2004-05. I'll have to revise my checklist for future use as we have just bought a house in East TX and perhaps will winterize again at some point!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the pic Sammie. My power board has a cover, Which I tried unsucessfully to remove. Was afraid to disconnect the wires, and couldn't get behind the solenoid valve to get at the bottom mounting screw. Anybody have experience getting that cover off?

I guess the AC fuse is in there and it must power the icemaker, in addition to the heaters, because there is only one AC plug. Therefire I can't run the icemaker until I replace that fuse. I tried for a full day, running on gas, but it didn't make any ice.

...........Doug
p00ches is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold