Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2002 Minnie Winnie Fridge?

Sorry to bother anybody but here goes, we have a 2002 minnie winnie, the fridge shows ac, dc, lp and aux. arent the house batteries suppossed to run it on dc? Fridge only works hooked to shore power or on gennie, but not when engine is on. Am pretty sure it doesnt have a converter, not showing up on wiring diagram. Any thoughts. Thx
Vygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
Site Team

Pretty sure it's AC, DC, LP and Auto (not Aux).

Yes, it should run on house batteries - but you want it to run on LP when not plugged in. So, put it on LP or Auto. When on Auto and you are not plugged in or running a generator it should automatically choose LP.

Are you positive it has "DC" as a fridge option. It may, I don't know about an 18 year old Minnie Winnie specifically.

But if it has DC that will use up your battery(s) very quickly. So, choose AC when plugged in and LP when not. Or use Auto when you get the hang of it's operation better.
Old 10-21-2020, 09:53 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have a new 3-way Norcold that can function on AC power, DC power or propane. It also has an Auto setting which will let it cycle through and operate on what source is available. If I'm connected to shore power it will always default to AC.

I can individually choose between any function but to use the propane or DC function my coach battery/auxillary battery switch must be on. Silly question but is your switch on?

If the answer is yes, I'd be referring to the trouble shooting guide for your model of refrigerator or checking for obvious wiring problems. What is the make and model of your fridge? If you don't have a maunual I'm betting you could find one online.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you for your help. I will try that. Still confused tho, it wont even power on unless its plugged in, wont power on when the engine is running either. Is there a way to get it to power on? Even driving it wont power on so i can switch it to gas. Thank you
Vygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You've got to have an auxillary/coach battery switch to run your water pump, refrigerator, 12 volt lights etc... while your going down the road or parked. I hope I understood you correctly. Your switch could be out.

When I hookup to shore power, my aux./coach battery is on. When I unplug, its off. If I want a water pump, refrigerator or lights going down the road I have to turn it on.

I have had to replace this switch before. Again, I hope I understood you correctly. Good luck.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote