Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Heating, Cooling and Appliances
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-28-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

08 Journey Basement AC

Fired up the basement AC last week and it was making noise that we hadn’t heard before. Loud vibration. This set me on another info seeking adventure to better understand the unit. Like anything lots of info available and a variety of issues with these units.

Came out this morning to crawl under the rig with a flashlight and get a better understanding how things are installed.

The first thing I noticed was moisture covering 3/4 of the underneath of the AC unit. Basically from the fan back. Seemed odd. A few drips from the drain but I didn’t think things looked right.

Stuck my finger up into the drain hose and found it was very dirty. Grabbed a 1/2” round brush and carefully ran it up into the drain line.

A rush of Water started pouring out, it’s been running now for 15 minutes and still going strong as I write this thread.

I just thought it was good info to pass along as summer is here. I’ll update as I continue down the Winnebago Journey AC path... still running a stream!
jdkskyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:31 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Thanks, good info. Have the same on my 09 so will give it a try.
bobmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Very helpful info. Thanks for sharing.
SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

There’s still a rumble but not nearly as loud as before. Can’t imagine how it was holding that much water, not sure how long it’s been like that, what it has done to components, or why it would cause it to be louder.
jdkskyking is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey