Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2014, 04:06 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Winnebago Chat Tonight 7/1 9 PM EDT

Well it is that time again to remind our Winnebago friends of the Chat tonight. I know it is a busy time but I hope you can find time too join in. We will be looking for you.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Well it is that time again to remind our Winnebago friends of the Chat tonight. I know it is a busy time but I hope you can find time too join in. We will be looking for you.

Don
Don, hello how does it work, do I have to log into a website?
Ray
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by raycyn778 View Post
Ray
Use this website. Go to the top of the page and click on chat rooms. Enter the chat by clicking on 'Chat Room (float)'. You will be prompted to run a Java app to get in. Once in the float room, click on the Winnebago tab then click on the tab that shows who is in the room.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 06:53 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Ray
Ray;

On the aqua colored menu bar at the top of this page 2nd from right is a drop down menu titled Chat Room. Click on that and than click on enter chat room. You will be in the Chat Room Lobby. Click on the Rooms tab and click on the room that you want to be a part of.

You will need to have Java loaded on your computer and I found the security needs to be set on medium and not high. Some folks are having problem with a security warning. If you get a box that warns about security and you see a box that you can click that says run it anyway, click on that box and hopefully you will get in.

Good Luck;

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Old 07-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #5

got the security warning and no matter what I did, I could not get past it to join the chat. Wonder what others did to get past it?

Ray
raycyn778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
got the security warning and no matter what I did, I could not get past it to join the chat. Wonder what others did to get past it?

Ray
Did you go into the Java Security set up and drop the security down to medium? Here is a link to suggestions that iRV2 has to work around Java.

Click Here

Don
Old 07-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro View Post
Did you go into the Java Security set up and drop the security down to medium? Here is a link to suggestions that iRV2 has to work around Java.

Click Here

Don
Hi DON!
Just an FYI, I've tried all the suggestions and still cannot get into either of the two chats I would like to join. All I get is an error message about settings blocking an untrusted application (or something like that).

Guess I'll just wait and hope to see you and Bev in person.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:13 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Ed;

On my laptop I had our computer service co. help me with that. They logged on my computer over the Internet and had the same problem you are experiencing. They found 2 or 3 different versions in our program files. They un-installed everything they could find with Java and reinstalled the latest version of Java. Apparently when we got those Java upgrades they messed something up. They went into the security setting for Java and set it down to medium and added the 2 entries suggested by iRV2. I get a warning box that pops op with an option to run it anyway and Java loads and I get into the chat rooms.

On my desk top all I had to do was set the Java security down to medium and it works fine. Most of our chat room participants have worked through the Java problem like I did.

Another suggestion I have for you is to call Mike Pelchat. I think he could possibly walk you through some things over the phone that would work for you. Just a thought. iRV2 is working on a replacement for Java but when I last contacted Janet all she could tell me was they are still working on it. I can tell you our chat room attendance is down and I blame the Java problem for most of it.

Good Luck;
Don

Tags
winnebago