Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-29-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

What's the best mileage you have gotten with your 42QD?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417319379.432354.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	356.2 KB
ID:	80241
Jesse
Jbmsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 09:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmsr View Post

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417320780.798516.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	80244
Old 11-29-2014, 09:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Jesse,didn't know fl had mountains to coast down!, ha ha ...best I have had is 8.7 on relatively flat trip segment. At around the same milage you show, towing my jeep.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 11:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I've found that going by that display is a exercise in futility. All it does is give out a warm, fuzzy feeling. I check mine on fill-ups and average about 7.9 towing my Jeep and setting 62 on the cruise.
Of course mine is not a QD so that could make a diff
Old 12-03-2014, 08:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

You flatlanders can't boast! Brag when you have put your rigs over the top of the Rockies.

Jabbing aside, that's great. Out here on the west coast and in the Dakota's, for instance, that mileage will never happen in those rigs. On the flat runs I have had double digits too, but that is not the norm. From where I am in Canyonville, OR to Grants Pass it is 26 miles of up hill. I have no idea what my mileage will be but I am expecting to average around 5 if I am lucky. Will see next month.

Rick Y
Old 12-03-2014, 09:00 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

What's the best mileage you have gotten with your 42QD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
You flatlanders can't boast! Brag when you have put your rigs over the top of the Rockies.

Jabbing aside, that's great. Out here on the west coast and in the Dakota's, for instance, that mileage will never happen in those rigs. On the flat runs I have had double digits too, but that is not the norm. From where I am in Canyonville, OR to Grants Pass it is 26 miles of up hill. I have no idea what my mileage will be but I am expecting to average around 5 if I am lucky. Will see next month.

Rick Y

Hi Rick

LOL....this is the real skinny for our first year.

12/19/2012 THROUGH 12/18/2013

MPG , MPH , GPH
BEST MPG @ 57MPH =13.4MPG TOWING 3900LBS

WORST MPG @ 79MPH =6.1MPG TOWING 7200LBS

AVERAGE ENGINE MPG =7.59MPG

ALL FUEL USED PER ENGINE HOURS = 6.05GPH

FUEL USED
TOTAL FUEL USED = 1797.56G
ENGINE FUEL USED = 1354.7G
GENERATOR FUEL USED = 393.15G
AQUA HOT FUEL USED = 49.71G
PROPANE USED = 6.78G

HOURS
ENGINE HOURS =297.1HRS
GENERATOR HOURS =262.1HRS

ENGINE ODOMETER = 10,276.2
NIGHTS CAMPED = 151 NIGHTS
STATES ENTERED = 19 PLUS CANADA

Jesse
Old 12-05-2014, 07:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbmsr View Post
Hi Rick

LOL....this is the real skinny for our first year.

12/19/2012 THROUGH 12/18/2013

MPG , MPH , GPH
BEST MPG @ 57MPH =13.4MPG TOWING 3900LBS

WORST MPG @ 79MPH =6.1MPG TOWING 7200LBS

AVERAGE ENGINE MPG =7.59MPG

ALL FUEL USED PER ENGINE HOURS = 6.05GPH

FUEL USED
TOTAL FUEL USED = 1797.56G
ENGINE FUEL USED = 1354.7G
GENERATOR FUEL USED = 393.15G
AQUA HOT FUEL USED = 49.71G
PROPANE USED = 6.78G

HOURS
ENGINE HOURS =297.1HRS
GENERATOR HOURS =262.1HRS

ENGINE ODOMETER = 10,276.2
NIGHTS CAMPED = 151 NIGHTS
STATES ENTERED = 19 PLUS CANADA

Jesse
Hey Jessy. Your the man. Good report posted and this does tell the real story. But I have one question. When do you enjoy yourself? Looks like you are always traveling and never stopping!!!

Seriously, you ARE using your rig to the fullest and seeing this great land as you play around the country.

Have you been to Gaffney, SC to Freightliner yet? I suggest you plan this as a working POI. The folks there are great. When your first major chassis inspection is due go to them. And the factory tour is awesome.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
Hey Jessy. Your the man. Good report posted and this does tell the real story. But I have one question. When do you enjoy yourself? Looks like you are always traveling and never stopping!!!

Seriously, you ARE using your rig to the fullest and seeing this great land as you play around the country.

Have you been to Gaffney, SC to Freightliner yet? I suggest you plan this as a working POI. The folks there are great. When your first major chassis inspection is due go to them. And the factory tour is awesome.
Thanks for the kind words!

I am enjoying working really hard to have as much fun as I can. I finally realize now that we only live once. I love to help my Irv2 friends as much as I can.

In 14 days I will be able to post my second year mpg info.

My coach has never been to a dealer for repair. It has been to Gafney for two services and they are the best in my book too. I did the factory tour and it was amazing!

Thanks

Jesse
Old 12-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

We have averaged 8.2 towing a 13,000 stacker.

There is a difference in the computer readout and the actual calculated mileage I am using. The computer mileage is consistently optimistic.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:10 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
We have averaged 8.2 towing a 13,000 stacker.

There is a difference in the computer readout and the actual calculated mileage I am using. The computer mileage is consistently optimistic.
You and Jesse are too funny with detail. I would love to get my readouts but DW has the dash dominated with plants. The drivers chair is even blocked . One picture.... Some day I might find the time to get some info I can use out of the info center. I get frustrated with it trying to navigate the menu's. Then with the dash covered as it is the challenge becomes a job .

My job at the moment is to get the dryer back together. A wire broke to the heater coil, the start cap failed and the one shot thermostat was triggered as the other failures happened. Parts should be here Monday. Why two button thermostats and a start cap should coast over $100 + shipping is beyond me. But this project is a totally different topic.

I have often seen 14+ mpg when I have been on long flat stretches. But whatever gains I get on the flat, the climbs always eat it up. I can never figure out how I can cost down a 7 mile run and not gain any mpg.

When I can get to the dash I may try to remember to post my numbers. But, considering my age and memory, I may get the numbers but forget why.

Happy trails all.

Rick Y
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	dash.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	349.5 KB
ID:	80613  
Old 12-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

You need a table on that steering wheel, Rick. Just think of how many more goodies she could have!
Old 12-09-2014, 01:07 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

YA RIGHT...................10.4 & 11.3 In your wildest dreams.
spsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 07:14 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finhawk View Post
You need a table on that steering wheel, Rick. Just think of how many more goodies she could have!

Melissa is considering that idea already. Me and Dawson are starting to look for a tag a long room for our stuff. I won't see the dash till after the holidays when we pack to move. I might get some time to get the numbers than IF I can stay out of the way while she packs down. You should see the rest of the coach. My volunteer work is out of the coach. Hers is more in it. SEWING. Need I say more?