Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2016, 07:29 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water Tank Won't Fill

My 2002 Ultimate Advantage coach has been in storage for around two years. I spent the money for tires and worked out replacing the tank dump valves. Now I find that when I try to fill the water tank, water just runs right out. The water is coming out two small pipes at the back left side of the battery compartment. I cannot see where these go. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong and how to fix it?
netcctvpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:32 AM   #2
aa1ssradio

Sounds like your low point drains are open.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have the drain that is controlled by the cable pull next to the tank dump valves and I have the drain at my water pump. Where else??
Old 07-24-2016, 08:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I also found a white plastic gate valve near where the water is coming out, to the rear of the water tank, above the battery compartment, but it is in the closed position also.
Old 07-24-2016, 07:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Are you sure that the cable between the "handle" and the valve itself is intact?
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:15 AM   #6
aa1ssradio

To Drain Tanks and Water Lines:
The water line drain valves are located in the
water pump compartment on the passenger side
toward the rear of the coach. Turn the valves as
indicated in the following illustration, according
to the type of valve installed.

If you go to winnebagoind.com click on resources and pick out your RV the manual will tell you where the valves are. The above is from their manual

Do you have the automatic winterization feature? Make sure the switches are out of winterize mode as there are also some electric valves for that.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:25 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the help. I found that the ball in the white ball cock valve at the back bottom of the tank had a broken ball. The handle did turn but it did nothing. We had a bad freeze last year and I did not have the rig winterized. I lost the water filter under the kitchen sink (that made a big mess), the shower valve, and the shower sink valve. I had previously replaced them but was not aware of the damage to this valve. All systems are now restored and we are getting ready to try it out again. Its' good to have the motorhome back.

Tags
tank, water