Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water tank Fill 2008 Winnabago Vista

I’m the new owner of a 2008 Winnebago Vista. I have a terrible time filling the fresh water tank . I got sopping wet from blowback and it takes an extremely long time. I’ve used a bandit, water pressure regulator and a silicone tube like thing with a shut off valve. I really was hoping the silicone tube would work but problem seems to be that it can’t get far enough back into the filling hole because of a white circle thing just inside the hole.

Any suggestions for this newbie?
Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 08:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

We are having the same problem with our 2016 Adventurer 35P. I hope someone can help us?
ddethridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 12:33 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Sounds like the tank vent may be plugged, giving you back pressure up the fill line while filling. Not being familiar with your rig, can't really help with the where's on vent line routing. My first RV had a similar issue. Fill at more than a slow dribble and the water would just spew back at me. The vent line was not properly secured allowing a low loop which filled with water effectively blocking the vent.
Good luck, hope that helps!
Old 07-28-2018, 02:56 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thx for the reply. It really does sound like that is the problem.
ddethridge is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, water