Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-20-2017, 02:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water spill

Hi, new to forum but not to MHs. Have a brand new, out of the box, Vista 35 LX. Nice! But, after our first trip with the unit, noted the fresh water spills from the gravity fill. Shop thought it was fixed but on way home last night noted spillage of water from the medial side of the tank when accelerating or when turning left. Additionally , on steep road or as in my driveway, steep and tilted, water flows freely from the gravity fill fitting, even with the door shut and locked and water spills under the unit on the medial sie of the tanks. Anyone else experiencing same problem? Had a video but apparently too large.
Attached Files
Panama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

When parked level, the tank is full when water level is several inches below the top of the tank. I took a black sharpie and made a reference line of the water level when the full light comes on inside on the monitor panel. If you are level and going to stay level you can get away with filling higher but if you are going to drive then don't bother it will run out before you get where you are going.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

This really shouldn't be an issue. In my opinion it is a design flaw that needs correction. I don't think that I can see the tank itself when I open the bin... but as I said, it is, in my opinion a design flaw and Winnebago really needs to look at ways of correcting the problem that the owner can do or that can be done in the shop, especially for a brand new unit.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

So, Winnebago says they've never heard of this problem... anyone else?
Old 01-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I generally run with a full water tank and I've had water flow out of the overflow outlet when I went up and down a grade but didn't notice water flowing out of the gravity fill until this past December when I was traveling in below freezing temperatures and when getting gas I noticed a streak of ice coming from the gravity fill. Don't know if it bounced up and out or it was drafted out by speeding down the Interstate.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Got an inquiry from WINNEBAGO Industries. Wanteda VIN or serial number. Perhaps you might let them know. I went to the WINNEBAGO Corporate web site.

Tags
water