Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-14-2019, 04:46 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Water pump sucking air

Good day. Getting ready for first trip. All water works well on city water. No leaks. Tank is full. City water disconnected. Water pump seems to be sucking air ( and some water) and will not shut off. You can see and hear air bubbling through the water heater when you run hot water. I can not find any leaks in the suction line. Is there a way to pressure test this line? I even put a sealed plug in the city water connection.

I have read most of the existing posts. If there is one I have missed that might apply, please point me to it.

Thank you for your time.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 06:19 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Check the long screws that hold the pump head halves together. Ours came loose on a trip earlier in the year, and the pump exhibited the symptoms that you described.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks. I just found it. I decided to check every fitting on the suction line and got lucky and found the problem on the first one.

The screen holder was loose right where it screws onto the pump inlet. To be tight, the screen ends up hanging upside down. Somebody probably twisted it upright to check the screen.

Thanks for the tip on the bolts. I will check them anyway.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Check the water fill valve. Will behave that way if it is in the fill position. Don’t ask me how I know :-)
Dave & Jo's Winnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump