Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Ron and Lin, Hi again, I didn't take it as prying. We did have a slight leak there when we were looking at the hot water tank. (lost the electrical part of the hot water tank). Decided through posts on this site that the only way to get to what we need to check on is to pull the tank. That is what we will have our RV guy do.
I noticed that you listed several pets on your info, are they going to travel with you?
We just adopted an 8 month old puppy and getting him use to being in the RV. Seem to be a good traveler, doesn't get sick in the car and gets in when I tell him up. We have taken one of our cats at one time or another, but haven't had a dog for about 5, 6 yrs. now.

Sorry for rambling on.
Marguerite66
Old 06-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Marguerite, Sorry to hear about the hot water problem. Hope all goes well with the repairs.
Yes, fortunately or unfortunately , we have raised English Springer Spaniels off and on since the early 70s. We currently share our home with 4 Springers ( 5 if you count the 6 month old pup who is going to live in his new home in 3-4 weeks ). It's grand to hear you've adopted a pup. At that age, he'll turn your life into a wonderful new adventure pretty quickly
Ron and Lin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 04:58 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Well I learned something new from this thread.

I discovered I have a strainer on my Shurflo pump and it is the old style so I can just unscrew it, clean the screen and screw it back on.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:36 PM   #24

If you take a close look at it, You will see it has two ears on it 2 for turning it, and 2 which lock it in to place. You may have to push it down a bit, It is not rocket science Just common scene I have to clean mine twice every year,,
tony Bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 07:48 PM   #25
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony Bachler View Post
If you take a close look at it, You will see it has two ears on it 2 for turning it, and 2 which lock it in to place. You may have to push it down a bit, It is not rocket science Just common scene I have to clean mine twice every year,,

X2 as ours will get plugged up 2-3 times per year from grit, calcium/lime deposits, etc. When you have a noticeable decrease in water flow from the rv pump, that is one of the places to check for restrictions. The other is the screen/washer in the fresh water connection on the side of your rv. I have a couple xtra filters on hand and just swap it out when needed, cleaning the one taken off several days later. The screen/washers for the fresh water hookup are the same type as used on the washer in a sticks & brick house or in your rv if equipped. Lots cheaper than through a rv supply place.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony Bachler View Post

OK thanks for the info...Shurflo has a pretty good manual on line and it showed that procedure. I've never cleaned it in 10 years and 80,000 miles of trips. Our flow with the pump is still fairly good.

However the only time we use the pump is between RV parks so it doesn't get much use...just flushing the toilet and washing our hands.

Tags
water, water pump