Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2016, 06:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Water pump forces water out city water

My neighbor has a 2004 Brave. When running the water pump it forces water out of the city water connection. This happens if the fill valve is in the city water or fill tank position. There must be a check valve to prevent this. Any suggestions as to where to look? Are there any other suggestions?
ccconsult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Yep. A check valve right at the city water inlet. You can put a screw in hose plug until you replace the valve.
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Easy 10 minute repair. https://youtu.be/Vy5ISONusNk
marcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 07:37 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I believe you have more than one problem. First of all the water shouldn't be recycling to the fresh water tank unless the selector valve is left in the "tank fill" position. If it still cycles to the fresh water tank in the "city water" position I would be sure the valve is actually switching from one mode to the other.

In addition you also have either a stuck or defective check valve at the hose connection. Before replacing the hose connector look into it using a flashlight. The problem may be as simple as the check valve not seating properly or debris on the valve seat.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:50 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikerdogs View Post
I believe you have more than one problem. First of all the water shouldn't be recycling to the fresh water tank unless the selector valve is left in the "tank fill" position. If it still cycles to the fresh water tank in the "city water" position I would be sure the valve is actually switching from one mode to the other.

In addition you also have either a stuck or defective check valve at the hose connection. Before replacing the hose connector look into it using a flashlight. The problem may be as simple as the check valve not seating properly or debris on the valve seat.
You are correct in the statement that their may be debris in the valve. I have found many valves clogged and they worked fine after cleaning. You are incorrect in the tank fill valve. The water inlet is directly in line with the water pump outlet. That is why they have to have a check valve in the inlet.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:37 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I would like to thank everyone for their quick response. The owner of the rig just had a family emergency so I won't be able to look into this further but I really appreciate your responses.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Problem fixed

Sorry it took so long to reply. It appears that there was debris in the valve. Problem resolved. Thanks for everyone's help.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:46 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

The U-tube video makes it look simple, but on my Meridian, it is not quite so easy. I tried to remove it once and it is very difficult the way Winnebago built it. it's not like a travel trailer.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:08 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
Yep. A check valve right at the city water inlet. You can put a screw in hose plug until you replace the valve.
Right on.

Tags
water, water pump