Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2021, 03:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water pump cycling

2016 Navion 24j water pump cycling every 30 seconds. Hear a air or water spray noise around shower. No water leaks visible anywhere. Not sure if noise is air bleeding off. When pump says Lea noise goes for a second or two and stops. Seconds later the pump will cycle again and when it stops you hear the noise again for couple of seconds and then it stops. No water anywhere around shower, under shower or anywhere around pump which is under the bed. Noise definitely is coming around shower area.
haaseb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 05:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Is this a new to you unit, or is the problem new on something you have owned for awhile? Something is triggering the demand pump.... Does this only happen when connected to city water? If yes, you may find you have a bad check-valve on the demand pump and your fresh water holding tank is slowly filling (backwards through the demand pump). If it's happening when NOT on city water it would seem you have a leak, or a valve in the wrong position somewhere, or a valve somewhere that is failing....
IOS 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 07:40 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Not hooked to city water. I have had the coach and this was not happening. I don’t see water anywhere. Could it be just sucking air from somewhere?
Old 06-20-2021, 04:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

So, two things: 1.) It wasn't happening before, so something has changed and it isn't a normal condition. 2.) I don't think it is drawing in air, but I don't know enough to say.

What happens when you connect to city water and leave it on for 48 hours? If you have a leak, you'll find it by doing this.... I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.
Old 06-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

OK. It seems to be doing it with the pump running or hooked up to city water. I have never seen any water leaking in any area of the motorhome. It’s a Winnebago Navion class C 2016. I pulled under the bed and see no leaks. I replaced the water pump under the bed. I Pull the panel from below the shower and see no water whatsoever anywhere. There’s no water in the wet bay. I pulled the panel underneath the wet day so I could see all the valve connections and I see no water leaking anywhere. Any advise?
Old 06-22-2021, 11:41 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

It would seem that some kind of check valve is open or stock. Most of the noise seems to be coming from underneath the shower area. I’m not sure what valve would be the most likely one to fail. But it is not allowing water to come out onto the ground or anywhere in the motorhome it must be going back into a tank somewhere. Might you have any thoughts?
Old 06-22-2021, 03:02 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

It ended up being the valve that you turn to fill tank or turn to normal. It was not closing all the way. I took the handle off of it and grabbed the end with a pair of pliers and was able to rotate it more and it closed. Bad valve.
Old 06-22-2021, 04:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for posting the follow-up. Glad you have it diagnosed.
Old 06-27-2021, 04:10 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I had same type problem for a year. Did all the stuff you mentioned, ie. city water for 2 weeks in driveway ( no water leak whatsoever!), new water pump, new city water valve. Finally repair guy who came to my house put two new nice thick foam gaskets in the connections to the water pump and it stopped and has not recurred! So air leak at the pump. Maddening!!
KGs2108DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:48 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Air in water line

I had a similar problem with my 2020 Boldt. Found that there is no valve to open/close the water fill connector. This line simply T's into the water supply line between the fresh water tank and the intake side of the water pump. There is a valve on the water fill connector but it closes off outward pressure only so air slowly seeped in eventually bringing air to the water pump. Winnebago had no answer. Ended up using a male hose plug to stop the air draw.
raytaylr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:33 AM   #11

haaseb: As a suggestion, if your bad valve is made by Flair-It and looks like the one below, you don't have to cutout the whole valve, and I don't recommend it. Instead, just buy a new valve and remove the "guts" inside. Then replace the "guts" of the old valve and you are done.

The other way of cutting out the old valve and replacing it with a new one can be very problematic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4 Align large portion of valve upright.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	179843   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Damaged 3 way Valve.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	179844  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags