Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-19-2020, 09:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water Pump Accumulator Setting

I have an 04 Ultimate Freedom with a Shurflow 4005 water pump that is giving me some problems. It won't shut off. System works fine on city water and I see no leaks.

What should be the pressure setting on the accumulator tank? I think this could be my the issure.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Your question implies you have a pressure switch on the accumulator tank. These can be adjusted wrongly or fail and cause your problem. Try turning it one way or the other and see if the pump turns off. It may be set too high and the pump never reaches its set point.

Then set the pressure that gives you sufficient flow for your needs while the pump is off and just before it comes on.

Another possibility is that the fresh water tank is empty and the pump is pumping air. Fill the tank.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:30 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
Your question implies you have a pressure switch on the accumulator tank. These can be adjusted wrongly or fail and cause your problem. Try turning it one way or the other and see if the pump turns off. It may be set too high and the pump never reaches its set point.

Then set the pressure that gives you sufficient flow for your needs while the pump is off and just before it comes on.

Another possibility is that the fresh water tank is empty and the pump is pumping air. Fill the tank.

David

Tank has an air fill connector. I would like to know if anyone knows the correct and recommended setting for the accumulator. Too much pressure can rupture the inside bladder.

:You have to have water in the tank to pump water? Who knew?
Old 09-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealevel Ram View Post
:You have to have water in the tank to pump water? Who knew?
You might be surprised. I read a thread a while back and that was exactly the problem.

50 psi isn't too high, but you probably will get adequate flow at half of that unless you have an instant water heater, they require quite a bit higher to come on.

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pump