Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2007, 11:10 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

The fresh water tank is drained. So there is nothing coming out of it...
farmer63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Ok try this one!
If there is anti=freeze in the HWHeater the bypass isn't working... If someone removed the check valves would that allow antifreeze to go into the HW heater even when the bypass is selected?
I was never a big fan for removing check valves.. They must be there for a reason..
Trek-Cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:39 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

I am going to apologize first for this being a little long of a post.

Last year I had the same problem you are describing (mine ended up being the water pump losing the prime). What I did this year was to install cut off valves in lines (these valves can be found at Camping World in their maintance departments for about $6.00 each -- I needed four). I put one valve between the fresh water tank and the water pump, one in the line going to the water heater, one in the line coming from the water heater, and the final one between the pump and the winterization tank (tank where the anti- freeze is poured and drawn from during the winterization process).

This year when I winterized, I drained the water heater, opened all of the water hydrants in the MH and opened the main drain valve. After the water was out, I filled the anti-freeze tank, closed the valve from the fresh water tank, closed the valve on the line going to the hot water heater, closed the valve coming from the hot water heater, and opened the valve going to the anti-freeze. Turned on the pump, which started to suck the anti-freeze from the anti-freeze tank. When up to pressure, I then went throughout the MH opening up the sink faucet, then the kitchen sink, etc until the "pink stuff" came out. Included the shower head and the outside shower in the water department. Afterwards, poured a little down each drain just to make sure all had enough anti-freeze in each.

Took a little over 2 gallons to do the whole MH and was much, MUCH easier with the manual valves in place so I knew what was open and what was closed. In the spring will open all of the valves I closed and shut off the anti-freeze valve, flush the lines with fresh water and away we go.

Again, sorry for the long post but, maybe this will help someone else. I had the "electric by pass valve" and "automatic winterization kit" in the home -- just took them out as they were not working right and I knew that the valves would be a "one time fix."
Old 11-09-2007, 08:06 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

I would suspect the diverter valve. When you have it in the normal position the gurgling is due to an empty water tank. Then nothing when you put it in divert position. It sounds like something is blocking the air & or anit-freeze form being sucked in.