Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water problem

2005 Itasca Horizon.
We hooked up to city water. Had water at all faucets, bathroom sink faucet, shower and kitchen sink working great. I was clearing out lines from winter antfreeze. For some reason I now have no water at kitchen sink hot or cold! It ran a little water sputtered and then nothing! Water at the little drinking faucet that runs through filter is working, shower, And bathroom sink work fine.
We also have no water at toilet or the toilet sprayer. Book said to check fuse for tolet fuse no idea where that fuse might be located! Toilet is a Dometic Concerto model 3210. Water, toilet, were all working fine when we parked it and winterized it in Nov. now these problems! We have check outside no leaks. Any ideas as to where to start looking?
Thanks for any help! Pulling what little hair out I have left!
Upslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:02 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

At the galley sink, check the little sand strainer at the outlet of the faucet.

If you pull the access cover off the top back of the toilet, do you see the circuit board. I believe the Concerto has lights on the board if power is present. I believe the fuse holder is in behind the toilet. It uses 12VDC power so the cutoff at the door and at the battery box must be on.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Did you remove any/all carbon filters before pushing your anti freeze?

I didn't, a few years ago and suspect the anti freeze corroded them, especially the one under the sink, as I had all the sink strainers clogged in the spring.

And I would get a second or two of back, ink like water, out of the kitchen faucet. Until I thought to change out the under sink filter.

I don't quite figure the toilet, though, don't remember a strainer there.

Good luck.
J
jackrobinryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

J. Yes we removed filter before we winterized. We did get water to kitchen going.

Steve, Hubby replaced all battery's and happen to remember a red wire that was hooked to one. He thought it was on negative when he unhooked. Now he's wondering if it was on positive! We took little lid off but could not see any circuit board. Only a few wires and hose, along with the handle mechanism. He's going to switch the red wire out on battery in the morning and see if that might be the problem. I'm hoping to put in a new toilet in next couple weeks! Need to find out which one will fit.
Thanks again for your help
Old 01-05-2013, 06:39 PM   #5

Those Dometic Concerto toilets are one of the best around. Are you sure you want to switch it out for something not as good?

What is the current one NOT doing that you want to change it out for something else?

I have the next model up called the Magnum Opus. The Concerto and the Magnum Opus are about as close to a residential toilet you will ever find.

If you are changing it out for a foot pedal manual one then that's a different story.

You don't say what you did to get the kitchen faucet working. Please share for others to learn.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
At the galley sink, check the little sand strainer at the outlet of the faucet.

If you pull the access cover off the top back of the toilet, do you see the circuit board. I believe the Concerto has lights on the board if power is present. I believe the fuse holder is in behind the toilet. It uses 12VDC power so the cutoff at the door and at the battery box must be on.
I had the same thing happen on a Discovery that I owned...just clean out the little sand filters where the water comes out of the faucet and it should cure the problem.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Richard, for one thing I don't care for the ball flush. Every time you flush it feels like handle is going to break off. If you take the little lid off and watch the handle mechanism inside turns when you push or pull up handle. You have to push or pull handle rather hard to get ball to roll. It doesn't put out much water so doesn't rinse well! Maybe that's how they work? We are 3rd owners of this coach so maybe a new one would work better? I'm use to the pedal type that really let a swirl of water rush in to rinse away. Not sure we could even replace with a pedal type. I will have to research it.
Thanks
Old 01-06-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

On the kitchen water all we did was unhook our reel hose on MH and used the white hose we bought. I'm going to have hubby rebook the reel hose and see if it will work. The few times we have camped we used the reel hose to hook to city water and all worked fine. He has the knob turned to city water, so don't know what problem could be.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Richard, we have no water when you push or pull up on handle. It all worked last fall when we parked it and winterized. Now this. Hubby checked and it has voltage. The book said to check fuse but not where fuse was located! Any idea where we might look for a fuse? Is there a pump that might have gone out and won't pump water to it?
Thanks for any help with this.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

You don't have a pump in the system when on city water, pressure is provided by the hose. If water doesn't flow with the reel hose, disconnect and look for strainers and or filters. It sounds like you have sand or crud in the water lines. Often deposits in the water heater can get flushed into the lines and cause issues. You might want to drain the water heater and flush it out with a wand on the end of the hose. Check all filters in the water system, you might have one as water enters the coach and maybe under sinks or elsewhere in the lines. Also remove all strainers at the faucets and run water to flush all lines. Also, add 1/4 cup of bleach per 10 gallons of water capacity of water tank, fill, and flush. This will sanitize and hopefully get everything working.

Rather replace your toilet, you might just get a gasket or rebuild kit to put in new seals. The old ones might be stiff, replacing or rebuilding is much cheaper than replacing, especially since you have a 'high end' toilet now.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

If you still have water at vanity and shower it isn't the supply hose or reel and there isn't anything electrical involved when hook up to shore water. The strainer as mentioned is the most likely cause.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upslady View Post

Richard, we have no water when you push or pull up on handle. It all worked last fall when we parked it and winterized. Now this. Hubby checked and it has voltage. The book said to check fuse but not where fuse was located! Any idea where we might look for a fuse? Is there a pump that might have gone out and won't pump water to it?
Thanks for any help with this.
Brenda,

The Sealand Concerto toilet is an electric unit. The flush handle simply activates a control board to either add water to the bowl when pushed up or adds water to the bowl and opens the flush ball to dump the toilet when the handle is pushed down.

The control board is located under the small cover at the back of the toilet. If there is no 12VDC going to the toilet it won't work.

My main 12 VDC fuse is located in a 12 VDC fuse panel in the bedroom but yours could be anyplace. Whether they installed a local fuse at the toilet is always a possibility too. I am not familiar with the Winnebago's.

I have attached two PDF files for your reference. These are for the Magnum Opus but a lot of the information is the same. The main difference between the Concerto and the Magnum Opus is the MO allows you to choose water levels but the Concerto does not. Therefore the control boards are a little different in that respect.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Magnum Opus 3011.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	31568  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Magnum Opus Owners Manual.pdf (530.7 KB, 64 views)
File Type: pdf Magnum Opus 3011 Parts List.pdf (101.6 KB, 63 views)
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water