Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for all the responses. Information is power! (No, I just didn't make that up. But I'm sure someone that owned a motorhome did).
Kirkian301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:58 AM   #22
Winnebago Master

The RV Water Filter Store is a good source for Watts regulators, along with filters and other water supply needs.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #23
JC2
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeierl View Post
The RV Water Filter Store is a good source for Watts regulators, along with filters and other water supply needs.
x2
Old 02-22-2012, 02:13 PM   #24
Winnebago Master

I use a Watts Regulator and a gauge that I outfitted myself. The Watts I purchased was for home use and the fittings are for 1" pipe. I used reducers to bring the one inch side down to 3/4" an installed a gauge inline. Simple plumbing experience (and I need simple when it comes to plumbing.

You can buy Watts regulators at Lowe's, Home Depot, and other hardware stores, and the necessary equipment/gauges to make a hook-up. Since this is a bulky item, and I have been in situations that the spigot was close to the ground, I have a short 1 or 2 foot hose and the regulator can go on a home made stand, or on the ground. You can also find the on-line.

Watts regulators are adjustable. I leave mine at 40 psi. It serves us fine. There is no way, without an additional pump that you can increase low water pressure. You can only reduce it.

As stated, the in-line brass pressure regulators that the dealer "throws-in" may be 30 psi, or 50 psi - one never knows unless you put a gauge on the input and output to see what the difference is.

Happy trails.
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Get a lager Watts brand regulator with a pressure gauge. With 45 to 50 psig pressure, and a decent regulator, you will have plenty of water pressure in the coach for a shower.

Ken
Hey Ken,
Was looking at the watts website.....do you have a model number or a picture of the regulator you are using? Thx T
Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

For years I have used a drip irrigation Adjustable Pressure Regulator with Gauge to control the amount of pressure and water flow. Simple, reasonably priced, and works great. You can pick one up for $30 or less and they're available everywhere.
150 psi Adjustable Pressure Regulator with Gauge-R450CP at The Home Depot

papa peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
Not saying the below reg doesn't work.
I can't get over the 5-120gph (.08-2 gpm) advertised flow rate.
I would also want one thats certified "lead free" for consumption.

Tags
water