Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2016, 02:30 PM   #1
Dog Walker

Water pressure and electrical issues

We have a 2006 Meridian and are on our first trip of the year. We bought the coach last year (private sale) and only had time for one short trip. Everything worked fine then, but now we have two issues:
1. Using city water, we get no more than a drip of water from the kitchen faucet and just slightly more than that in the bath and shower. I had to fill the tank and run the water pump just to get enough water for showers. I suspect there may be a filter clogged somewhere, but I just can't find one to check/replace. There is nothing under either sink that even bears a resemblance to a filter, nor do find anything in the shoreline bay. Ideas?
2. We're running off shore power. The electrical outlet in the dinette appears dead, yet we used it last fall. The other outlets work. GFCI is not tripped and there are no 110 breakers tripped in the box under the bed. Control box shows 50 amps coming in. Suggestions?

Man, I hate gremlins like these; they've costs me two days of troubleshooting.
BillOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

You should have a whole house filter somewhere in the MH that needs replaced. When they sit they tend to restrict the water flow, I always change mine at the beginning of the season. Also check your water flow regulator, they tend to clog or restrict somewhat over time. For us we get the best shower flow when we use the water pump in addition to the City water supply being hooked up. All the other faucets have plenty of pressure.

As to the electrical outlets that are not working you may have accidentally tripped the circuit breaker on you inverter. Most of the Inverter fed outlets have a very low amperage and many small appliances can trip the breaker, and then everything else will work except those outlets fed by the inverter. The breaker is on the actual inverter itself on ours which is located in one of the storage bays.
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Besides what Mike said also look at the water hose connection at the coach. There could be an inlet screen that you may be able to see. Sometimes it can become clogged. There are also screens normally on the outlet of each faucet.
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

BillOD, what model is your Meridian? To help in the future add you coach info to your signature.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Along with the other advice, my new2me Winnie had a pressure reducer installed at the city water inlet that I didn't really notice at first. I was only getting a dribble out of the shower and weak flow everywhere else. The shower head has a flow restrictor of course so it would only dribble. After removing the pressure reducer, and cleaning the shower head with vinegar, all was acceptable.

Along with the other advice about the electrical, my other Class A had an outlet black out and it turned out to be the outlet itself. They are slim line insulation displacement types and can develope open circuits quickly. Especially if the user plugs in a high draw device like a coffee maker or toaster when it normally wouldn't supply it with power. Fix is to open fixture and push the wires further onto the IDC (Insulation Displacement Connector).

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillOD View Post
We have a 2006 Meridian and are on our first trip of the year. We bought the coach last year (private sale) and only had time for one short trip. Everything worked fine then, but now we have two issues:
1. Using city water, we get no more than a drip of water from the kitchen faucet and just slightly more than that in the bath and shower. I had to fill the tank and run the water pump just to get enough water for showers. I suspect there may be a filter clogged somewhere, but I just can't find one to check/replace. There is nothing under either sink that even bears a resemblance to a filter, nor do find anything in the shoreline bay. Ideas?
2. We're running off shore power. The electrical outlet in the dinette appears dead, yet we used it last fall. The other outlets work. GFCI is not tripped and there are no 110 breakers tripped in the box under the bed. Control box shows 50 amps coming in. Suggestions?

Man, I hate gremlins like these; they've costs me two days of troubleshooting.
Is the inverter turned on.
yrrebmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 08:39 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrrebmay View Post
Is the inverter turned on.
Check the shower head may be pluged.
yrrebmay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical, water, water pressure