Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We have low water pressure within the coach. This started a few campouts ago, and I though it might be the filter but after changing it, the pressure has not improved. Have checked the pressure before the filter, and then at the coach connection, and it is good. When we turn the pump on we have good pressure. It's just when we are using city water.

Any suggestions?
Outbumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We have low water pressure within the coach. This started a few campouts ago, and I though it might be the filter but after changing it, the pressure has not improved. Have checked the pressure before the filter, and then at the coach connection, and it is good. When we turn the pump on we have good pressure. It's just when we are using city water.

Any suggestions?
Old 11-25-2006, 11:49 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Ron;
I would think there is a restriction between the city water connection and your distribution system. There is a check valve behind your city water connection to keep water from flowing out when you turn on your water pump. I would check that first for proper operation or obstruction. My experience has been that there is usually a short line to a T in your cold water line. If when your pump is on and all your plumbing has normal flow, that would exclude any problems except for city water connection.

Good Luck;
Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Check your water pressure regulator if you are using one, over the years I've had two go bad and they reduced the flow through them. I am not sure what happens to them causing this.

Ron

GStream40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 02:31 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Most MH have a small screen "filter" on the 12 volt water pump intake side. After a while this screen could become clogged. It can be cleaned. Give this a try to see if helps.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

The problem is only when we are operating off of city water. I checked the filter on the water pump and it is clean.

Will look at the check valve.

Thanks all....
Old 11-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I'm going with Gstream40's suggestion that you check your water pressure regulator if you are using one. If you have one of the small brass tubular type regulators like you get at CW take it out of your line and see if that fixes the problem. Just do this for a few seconds in case you are hooked into a system that has high pressure. If this fixes your problem throw your regulator away and get what is commonly referred to as a whole house regulator from Home Depot or Lowes or any similar type store. If you do a search for water pressure regulators, either here or on RV.net, you will be able to determine what parts you will need to build one for your RV. Costs about $40 for everything.

Good luck.
skipsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:45 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

What is a safe water pressure for an RV? I just bought a "high flow" water pressure regulator from camping world. It states a pressure flow of 55- 60 psi. Isn't that a little high??
Don Renouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 04:18 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago told me they "air" test the lines at 65PSI, but dont recommend water pressure above 50PSI.
Mike
ISLAPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:15 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I went to Home Depot and bought an adjustable water pressure regulator from the drip irrigation section. It has a dial guage and a knob that allows you to set any pressure from 0 to 60 psi. I usually set it to about 40psi.

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote