Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Hello all! This is my first leak, and I'm a real rookie with this Winnebago. It belongs to my folks, and my dad passed away this summer, and my mom would like me to sell it. As I was cleaning it, I found a water leak, but can only see evidence of a leak with the slide in. I suspect I have a leak in a water line, and with the slide in, the line is "pinched" in such a way as to open the leak wider.
The rig in question is a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer, 34 ft, with one slide out. The kitchen is on the drivers side, as is the slide out. The shower is just aft of the kitchen, and the leak seems to be coming between the kitchen sink and the shower. It is a basement model. I see no way to access the water lines behind the sink, or between the kitchen sink and the shower.
Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!
txmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hello all! This is my first leak, and I'm a real rookie with this Winnebago. It belongs to my folks, and my dad passed away this summer, and my mom would like me to sell it. As I was cleaning it, I found a water leak, but can only see evidence of a leak with the slide in. I suspect I have a leak in a water line, and with the slide in, the line is "pinched" in such a way as to open the leak wider.
The rig in question is a 2000 Winnebago Adventurer, 34 ft, with one slide out. The kitchen is on the drivers side, as is the slide out. The shower is just aft of the kitchen, and the leak seems to be coming between the kitchen sink and the shower. It is a basement model. I see no way to access the water lines behind the sink, or between the kitchen sink and the shower.
Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!
Old 03-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Welcome to the forum ...

Here is the URL to help you find your plumbing diagram

2000 Plumbing Diagrams

That page shows 2000 Adventures being 32, 35, or 37 ft models ... so you will need the exact model (it should be on a yellow card somewhere near the drivers seat ... generally on the left wall)

If you can not find the model, then call Winnebago customer service

Winnie Cust Service

I hope this is helpful to you ....
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Skigramp, thanks for the reply!
The unit is a WFG35B, and the plumbing diagrams looks interesting, I'll have to spend some time there. However, I need info on how to get access to the lines. I don't see how to get to them, unless I take the sink out, and I don't really want to do that if another alternative is available. I put the slide out, and crawled under there, but the floor is still above me, and I seem to have no access to anything but the "basement". The only other option seems to be to take the skin off the slider from the outside, another poor alternative, I think....
Old 03-16-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

txmntman ...

As you can tell by my signature my rig is different from you ... but on any Winnebago, I would not expect for you to be able to see any plumbing from "outside" of the motorhome ... part of the design is to have the plumbing in the heated space so that when the temperature drops below freezing the plumbing does not freeze ...

My present motorhome has the galley in the slide although configured slightly different than your 35B ... I can "see" the piping to the kitchen sink if I remove the drawers that are in the cupboard immediately forward of the bathroom ...

If you do not have drawers to the left of the sink, then that leads me to guess that if you were to remove the aft side panel from underneath of your kitchen sink that you will find the plumbing to your sink (cold, hot, and waste) in that space ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:20 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Skigramp,
Thanks for your insight. I had looked under the sink, and did not see access, but, after your post, I took a little closer look. I do believe you have hit on it! There is a shelf, and some panels that I'll have to take out, but the "wall" there, at least part of it, is not a supporting wall. I now see where they come together. If I can take the shelf out and the "wall" out, it will expose the plumbing, I do believe. Winnebago has done a good job of hiding the plumbing, giving it a more finished look than what I have on my Mallard 5th wheel.
I'll take a night this week and tear into it. Thanks for your help and insight. I'll let you know the results when I have some.
Best wishes,
-MKO
Old 03-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Skigramp, I have taken the "wall" off under the sink, aft of the sink. There is limited access there, and I have found the problem. It is the drain line coming from the sink. There is a flexible hose that goes into a fixed hose. The flexible hose is there due to the action of the slideout. So, I have to change/fix/secure this connection. Thanks for your help!!

-MKO