Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-28-2019, 05:08 PM   #1
Almost Retired

Water leak when operating slide 2018 Vista 27PE

Wondering if anyone has seen this before. If (either) the water pump in on, or hooked up to city water, and forward slide (galley/dinette) is operated, water will leak from under the sink area. I have a feeling that lines are pivoting in connectors and water sprays out but that's just a gut feeling. Haven't been successful removing drawers to actually see anything happening. Water is spraying into drawers, pooling on the floor and leaking into water compartment.

Relieving pressure in the water lines helps a lot but some water still comes out.

Once the slide is stationary - either deployed or stowed - and system pressurized - no water leakage is detected.

I've had it to dealer 3 times - they've replaced parts and shortened lines but it hasn't solved the leak.

Hopefully this is something I can correct - or advise dealer what the corrective action is. Any ideas?
Sturgis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 06:39 PM   #2
Owner and Traveler

Have not noticed this problem on mine, but will keep an eye out. Can't say that I've actually moved the slide while hooked up to water or with the pump on. Running the slide is usually one of the first/last things I do. I did have a loose connection on the bathroom sink faucet, but wife caught that before it got too bad. Check both faucet connections regularly. You can remove the drawers by the little tabs on each rail, but a real pain getting back in correctly.

Mine is one week out of warranty now, so who knows what will happen next..
jcr5353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 05:00 PM   #3
Almost Retired

As it turns out, the PEX tubing to the water heater is loosening the connection when moving the slide in and out, causing the leak. Very poor design. Dealer has to get approval from Winnebago before it can be repaired. The repair consists of installing more flexible tubing so as to not pivot water heater connect. Beware.
Sturgis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide, water, water leak