Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2017, 10:27 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water leak

We have a 2000 itasca suncriuser 37g midship bathroom. Noticed water in the storage below it as well as some water on floor under stool. Any thoughts?
kjohns53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:23 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Either you've got a leak or a male with poor aim. Don't let it go too long, the floor and walls will absorb water and if particle board, will swell and need replacing. You'll need to determine if it only leaks when water pump or city water is hooked up, (fresh water leak) or anytime. (perhaps sewage leak) Some dry toilet paper wrapped around fittings will quickly show leak location.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:35 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had a compression sleeve on our PVC shower drain pull apart and we dumped a fair amount of water into a couple of bays. The fitting was not put together properly day one from the factory. The PVC piece used to join two sections was too short.
sinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I would check inside your cabinets for a leaking backflush vacuum breaker valve.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:03 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancinCampers View Post
I would check inside your cabinets for a leaking backflush vacuum breaker valve.
A vacuum breaker valve shouldn't leak at all, and if it is faulty, it would still only leak if the line to the tank flush was pressurized. That line should only be plumbed to a female hose fitting, not hooked into the fresh water system that could be contaminated by black tank liquids.

Was the RV winterized? I'd suspect a leaking toilet valve. Any water left in the toilet could have frozen and cracked something near the toilet. Again, toilet paper or paper towels wrapped or placed under possible leaking points can help reveal the leak.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 09:37 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Our "94 Flair was leaking there, among other places, when we got it almost two years ago. I replaced the little rubber compression part where the line entered the toilet. I thought it was fixed, but a while later there was water there again. That time it was running back from a leak under the lavatory. Tricky things, these leaks.

I agree about getting it fixed as soon as possible to prevent damage.

Steve
dix39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 10:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

The water valve is the typical source of leaks in that area. If it's leaking so much that it's dripping into the basement, I'd disconnect shore water and use the water tank. Than use the on-board water pump. Run it when needed and then simply listen. Does it run periodically? You definitely have a leak. The more often it runs without any water usage the bigger the leak. But...you can turn off the pump. And using the on-board water and pump that you can shut off gives you ample time to track down the leak.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak