Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2020, 09:23 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Boy am I out if it! Now I understand. I have to head to HD to pick up insulation later so if I don’t find a leak I’ll get going on your the pressure valve test.
I’m sure learning a lot this week.
Elk River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 04:51 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

If your last trip or more were in the rain then the water could be entering from below. The bottom is sealed but with the wind and rain it can enter.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 05:17 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

You gave Morich a big clue he missed. You are on the Washington coast. Lots of sideways rain there abouts.
dick
Old 06-03-2020, 06:12 PM   #24
blubugger

Water under subfloor

We had a similar problem in our 2106...I dont know if these two trailers are similar but your problem certainly mimics ours, which we were fortunate to notice water where there should not have been.
If your 12volt water pump and plumbing are in that space between the floor and the bottom plenum, check the fittings and inlet filter for tightness at the pump.
If the pump runs when all faucets etc. are closed that could be an indication of a loose fitting. The 2106 pump Is located under the sink floor. Hopefully your situation issimilar.
Good luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CCDBC706-B1D3-4B98-B70E-D80FAF527989.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	299.4 KB
ID:	173782   Click image for larger version

Name:	3B1265B0-F438-4CCC-975E-A23523180E16.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	622.0 KB
ID:	173783  

Blubugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:27 PM   #25
Mtcsatx

Call your insurance company before you tear into it to much.
Mtcsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 08:59 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk River View Post
Boy am I out if it! Now I understand. I have to head to HD to pick up insulation later so if I don’t find a leak I’ll get going on your the pressure valve test.
I’m sure learning a lot this week.
Sorry to hear your having this issue. I had a similar problem on a new 42' Cedar Creek 5er, nearly half of the underbelly filled with water from a cracked water filter. The Mfg. could not get anyone local to work on it, so I took it on. Like you I had to remove the membrane, winter insulation blanket, moisture barrier, all the soaked insulation which along the frame rails was pinched between the frame, soaked there as well. The most difficult and important part was getting the underbelly dried out completely to prevent mold, especially the area where the insulation was under the frame. I ended up using multiple electric leaf blowers for 12 hours a day for 3 days until I felt safe to reconstruct the whole affair. I also used a mold inhibitor on areas where any wood had gotten wet, this was a wet spry that I did prior to the drying process. The Mfg. supplied all the 6" wide tape and other materials to get the membrane back up and as you the fiberglass came from HD. When I was finished the membrane sagged and I had to support it with 2" wide HVAC straps in several places across the underbelly.
You can do this, but I suggest you lean on WBGO to help with the proper materials you are going to need. One more thing to watch for is that with the various membranes hanging down it was like a loading ramp for all the mice in the area
Rapid Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:11 PM   #27
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Fully agree water is a tricky, sneaky thing and it gets so hard to spot the real problem...”.
These words could not be more true..
Water takes, like electricity, the path of least resistance. And unfortunately, water weaves around any obstacle in its way.

So, where water is showing its presence, may be nowhere close to the source.

Sorry, I know that makes your troubleshooting, more difficult.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:24 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Wanted to offer one quick tip if you're having trouble finding an active leak -- check the shower or other plumbing that only sometimes has water in it. Our shower valve fixture was not properly sealed and would leak only when someone was taking a shower.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:42 AM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Update: I found (reached back and felt) a small 1” area I thought was supposed to be dry because I removed the wet insulation. So, I lowered the front of the trailer in hopes that if there was a leak around the tanks then the water would move forward. I also applied the pressure gage. I have a leak somewhere around the fresh water tank. End of story on my part, my independent local RV repair shop is going to look at it next week. I have dealt with the owner before buying the trailer and they have a good reputation. It won’t be cheap but I have no choice at this time. On another note: I now feel far more comfortable digging into the trailer and know better what to look for if I should ever buy another trailer.
Thanks for the advise and help.
Elk River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #30
Winnebago Master

There is always a critical point when we have to decide if we want to go further or if we want to call it off. A leak at the fresh tank can be something as simple as a loose inlet or as bad as a crack at that inlet.
Sometimes it does make sense to stop before we hurt ourself!
Good luck on the fix.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
water