Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-05-2021, 10:38 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

View 24J water pump replacement

Sorry if this has already been posted (I searched but couldn't find any posts). I'm looking for instructions on replacing my 24J's water pump. I know that there is an access panel under the bed but that panel is so small that it's hard to believe that is the only way to access the pump.

Does anyone know where I could get instructions on how to replace my pump?

Thanks...
fwpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 11:05 AM   #2
'21 View 24J

Hi - That is a tough one. Doing it from under the bed is a bit impractical, unless you are a 12 year old gymnast, and working from the access panel under the head of the bed is a bit better - but a little uncomfortable to be lying down on the bed frame and working with your arms in the tight access panel.

I've gotten into the area on our 24J by using the access designed to reach the water tank. That involves removing the mattress, and then removing all the screws for the mattress support at the head of the bed. That will allow the head of the bed to hinge towards the foot of the bed. That might give you more room if you can lie the head of the bed flat on the rest of the bed, after folding it over. If it doesn't fold flat because of interference from the window, like on our 24J, then you can disconnect the strut attached to the mattress support and move the mattress support around until it hinges cleanly. Or, at this point, you can just remove the whole mattress support. Then you can just "walk" into the under-bed storage and work away on the pump.

This method has been described for a 20 / 21 24J - if your View is a bit older, it might be easier depending on how the independent head supports work; I'm not sure of that.

Grandpa Ron shows how his works in this video, where he wanted access to the water tank. His View is about five years old.

Hope that helps, good luck.

Cheers,
Ontario Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 12:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks! I watched the video and I'm going to try getting to the pump the same way as accessing the water tank.
fwpeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 11:29 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I have an 18. I did some plumbing work and removed the entire mattress base. It is just plywood and held in by a bunch of screws. Easy to remove....and gives you great access. Don't try to work through the litte hatch.
notbusdrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 09:33 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

I may have to replace the pump on my 2018 24J, so this thread is extremely helpful. Thank you to all.
Dobsonion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2021, 02:59 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Water pump

Be sure and check for leaks and use the pump for a few before you button up. I’m sure you thought of that. Might save you some time in the end. Good luck. Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, view, water, water pump