Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-29-2021, 05:01 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Now if you add the Valterra cap with the hose fitting you can use a dedicated gray water hose to drain as well, comes in handy if you want to drain the gray but don't want to move the rig close to the dump or get out a longer 3" hose.
I'll probable keep mine as is, one thing I like is that it is right at the edge so I don't have to bend down and reach underneath to attach the hose. How far under is yours?
Old 11-29-2021, 05:12 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

I have to guess as I've put it back into the storage shed, but no more than 2", about like the black drain. Very handy.

I agree about still being able to use the low water drain!
Old 11-29-2021, 05:23 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

What I like about yours is the valve opens out, mine opens sideways and is awkward, plus yours eliminates the need for the elbow heating pad.
Old 11-29-2021, 05:34 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Plus the valve rotates up and down to facilitate hookup. I glued the heating pad back on the valve but doubt that it serves much purpose because the rubber boot is the only part that would hold water. If it seems too short for me to easily use I'll buy an extender and leave it on.

On a side note, I ordered the lights you installed on Nov 17 and haven't heard a word from them since. How long did it take you to get the lights??
Old 11-29-2021, 05:49 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Well I ordered them on 9/26, I received an email confirmation that they had shipped on 9/28 and I installed them on 10/4 so even if I received them on 10/4 that's only 8 days but I recall that I received them a day or so before I installed them. Probably held up in the supply chain, some guys over at the Sprinter forum ordered them too so possibly they got hit with a lot of orders and had to bring in more.
I ordered a Milwaukee M-12 inflator bare tool only that was supposed to ship in 2 weeks and I've been waiting over a month. Hope it comes through as they went up a lot since I ordered it.
Old 11-29-2021, 06:12 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Thanks! I'll call them and see if I can find out what the holdup is.

You'll love that m12 pump. I keep it in the MH and had to use it every day because the store that installed my new tires didn't tighten the metal valve on one of my wheels. Pretty simple to look at the TPMS and see how low it was and then set the correct pressure on the m12 and turn it on! I did order a clamp on valve from Amazon instead of using the screw valve that's on it. Kinda loud though, might not want to use it early in the morning!!
Old 12-12-2021, 05:04 PM   #27
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2roam View Post
Thanks! I'll call them and see if I can find out what the holdup is.

You'll love that m12 pump. I keep it in the MH and had to use it every day because the store that installed my new tires didn't tighten the metal valve on one of my wheels. Pretty simple to look at the TPMS and see how low it was and then set the correct pressure on the m12 and turn it on! I did order a clamp on valve from Amazon instead of using the screw valve that's on it. Kinda loud though, might not want to use it early in the morning!!
Hope you got your tail lights! Would you mind sharing which clamp on valve you ordered for the M12? Thanks!
Old 12-13-2021, 07:06 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Here's the part I ordered. Simple and works great
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ie=UTF8&psc=1P

I carry two batteries and a charger, but the large batteries last quite awhile, unless a installer doesn't do a good job and check the valves he installed for leaks!��

Finally received my lights, after two phone calls an a email, plan on installing them today.
Larry
Old 12-13-2021, 08:13 AM   #29
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lov2roam View Post
Here's the part I ordered. Simple and works great
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ie=UTF8&psc=1P

I carry two batteries and a charger, but the large batteries last quite awhile, unless a installer doesn't do a good job and check the valves he installed for leaks!��

Finally received my lights, after two phone calls an a email, plan on installing them today.
Larry
Thanks, ordered it. I'm using it on small, high pressure bike tires and unthreading causes too much air loss.
PS At Autozone they sell the blue crimp connectors that have a heat shrinkable water tight seal covering them which I used on my lights.

Tags
ems, problems, tank, water