Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2021, 12:13 AM   #1
Winnie Journey Pilot

Trouble Shooting Water Leak When Supply Connected

Looking for advice on trouble shooting a water leak inside my water supply compartment when hooked up to a supply source.

2005 Winnie Journey 36

A leak has developed somewhere behind the control panel in the attached pictures. The leak only happens when water pressure is on through the supply hose. The leak stops if the supply is turned off - even if the water pump in the coach is on and maintaining pressure inside. The water drips from under the panel inside the compartment where my finger is pointing. Can anyone tell me what I will find behind the panel if I disassemble it? Any suggestions on how to disassemble and gain access behind this panel?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Leak 1.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	181013   Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Leak 2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	298.9 KB
ID:	181014  

Papa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 04:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Hopefully this link will help
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...p36g_plumb.pdf

It all most sounds like it could be one of two things. One the connection from outside supply hose has a crack on the back side, or two I believe there is a back flow value in your supply line that could also be bad.

Good Luck
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:24 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

This is a link to a part catalog which often gives a different view that gets it down to each part and can be helpful along with the plumbing diagrams to sort a problem:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

But it is also a problem right now as I'm getting an error message, so possible later, it works again or are they changing something??

It would be my guess that there are a bunch of screws showing around the smaller metal part and those might let you get a bit of slack to pull the panels apart to get a look at the leak?
Hope and a prayer that sometimes works!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Okay the parts is working again but it is not as much help as on some years but I see lots of things that look like it may just be a fitting loose enough to leak when under city pressure. Likely there is a check valve at the water pump which may cut off flow when it is used or the pressure may just not be high enough?
Lots of this type fitting to possibly tighten just enough to compress the rubber seal and "might" be possible without tearing it all down?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plumbing.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	182.4 KB
ID:	181015  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 05:55 PM   #5
2002 Journey WPK36GD

City water leak?

we had just purchased our new to us 2002 Journey several years ago, a one owner unit with 45K miles, and got to our second stop near the GA/FL border. We hooked up flipped the water pump switch on and nothing. Then hooked up the city water and out comes a lot of drips behind the panel. Mr Mobile tech arrives at my call and says the pump is bad and it was true it was bad due to freezing by the original owner. To fix he removed the white city water panel and then replaced the pump to the right.

Ok, the pump now works but there is a leak behind the removed white panel. There is a complex network of closely spaced fittings and right angles. He did some magic and that seemed to help but the drips persisted in the city water area. Ultimately after days in the RV Park, I said forget the city water hookup at the panel and install a flexible hose that runs out through the electrical thru hole and extended about 3" down towards the road. Walla, no more leaks ever. I do not have to even open the bin door to hook up city water.
CharlesMoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 08:36 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

water leak

Hi there,
Just read your post. I had the same issue. It ended up being the check valve. One way I found that out...on my 2004 36g Journey, I removed the bottom drawer out of the dresser under the TV and to my surprise found several pipes and the check valve. Hard to get at, so ended up removing the front panel and working from outside. But, I was able to sop up the water and leave the drawer out and let everything under there dry out real well.
Maybe yours is the same?
Good luck, stay safe,
Bajasoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak