Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-26-2021, 01:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Travato 59K Rear exterior shower - no water

So I am winterizing my 2021 Travato 59K and can't get any water out of the rear exterior shower port. I plugged in the little hose into the port and turned on the water pump and get nothing. I took all the covers off and traced the line to the port and find no issues. I looked at the plumbing diagrams and didn't see any valves that would affect that line. Of course Winnebago is off for a long weekend and my local RV dealer is too busy for drive-ins.
What have I overlooked?
Thank you for any advice.
Whales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 04:52 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It looks like there are two builds for that year and model so getting the correct drawing requires knowing if the 7th digit of the serial is 1 or 2!
And the build does change the layout of the exterior shower, so perhaps we can go with letting you do a check of the interactive drawings here:

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

That takes a bit of practice to get good at turning it all over and around to spot the small details but maybe you can spot things which I would miss when not knowing your coach?

One thing that I would want to check is if there are other plumbing items which also have problems as a way to cut down the possible causes???
However, it would be a first thought that there is a low point drain along that line which is left open, so that pressure can't build on it. Possible you have been draining, getting ready for winter and missed closing one?

Looking at one of the two builds, I spotted this as a suspect----but that depends on guessing which build, so do check that before trusting!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	travoto.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	181367  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 09:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Rear shower

I have a Winn. Travato model k also. You said you were winterizing. Did you drain the main water tank first and not turn the valve under the bed to accept the antifreeze through the hose provided. If you left it in the normal position that pumps from the tank and it is empty you may not get any water going to the shower as it may have already drained out through the open drains underneath the rig. Try hooking up the tube and put it in a bottle of rv antifreeze. Only open the shower exterior valve directing all the liquid to that fixture. You should see antifreeze come out. Good luck, Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 02:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Morich,
Thank you for your input and the link to the interactive drawings. Yes, they take some practice.
The Travato I have has a 1 at the 7th digit so I made sure I looked at those drawings. I checked that valve you highlighted and that is the Truma drain valve. I had that open to drain the Truma so I closed it and tried again and had the same no water response.
If it was a blown line the water pump would continue to pump and the sink, toilet and indoor shower would not work, and I'd have water pouring out somewhere. I can't find any kinks. I will continue to look at those drawings from every angle.
If you can think of anything else send it!

Thanks again!
Regards,
Whales
Old 11-27-2021, 02:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Travato John,
Thank you for your quick response and ideas. I still have 1/3 of a tank of water and had been putting antifreeze in the rest of the plumbing. The outdoor shower is one of the last places to check for the winterizing in the sequence I use. I put all the valves in the normal operating positions and tried again and had the same no water response. If you can think of anything else please send your ideas. Thank you, Regards, Whales
Old 11-27-2021, 03:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Some hints/info to speed the learning curve on using the interactive parts catalog?
Once you have jumped through the hoops to get to the correct drawing for your RV and then get to the system you want to look over, you still have a few "bumps" to overcome but it is worth the trek!

It's a lot more fun than crawling under and around it all!
Click on this snip to get a better view.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	interactive copy.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	223.2 KB
ID:	181382  
Old 11-27-2021, 03:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I'm a simple guy with simple ideas , so how about the idea of it being a minor problem at the place where you plug the shower hose into the port?
Any chance of it just not pushing in far enough to open the fitting? or maybe the hose itself is stopped in some way?
I'm not sure of what type item they used but some of those can get a "glitch" which lets it look connected but not really open the flow!

An open valve to let air/water out would likely leave the puddle as well as make the pump run full time as it tried to build pressure. Does the pump run for a bit , build presure and then shut down as it should?
Old 11-27-2021, 05:21 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Winterizing.

Don’t understand your winterizing. In my opinion you should drain your tank and the other drain valves that effect your plumbing. Leave the valves open and run the pump until nothing comes out. Then close your drain lines and turn the valve at the front of the pump (to the left of it) activating the clear hose that is about 18 inches long. This hose goes into your antifreeze supply bottle. Have you already turned this valve. If so no water will come from the tank just air. I wasn’t referring to the Truma valve in my previous post. That is another task after you turn the water heater bypass valve located furth to the left of the pump valve. Hope this helps. Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 05:50 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Hi TravatoJohn,
My winterization process follows the sequence that the LichtsinnRV dealer provided on YouTube. I will try using the steps you provided tomorrow morning.
Thank you,
Regards,
Whales
Old 11-27-2021, 05:54 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Hi Morich,
Yes, I have looked at the hose and the quick connect fitting where the hose connects. That all seems to be in order. I have pushed open the valve with a small screwdriver and there is no water at all. I am going to check the line as best I can going back to the t-section. The other path of the t-section goes to the indoor shower and sink and toilet and they all work fine. I'll let you know what I find tomorrow. Thanks for the support!
Regards,
Whales
Old 12-06-2021, 03:24 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

TravatoJohn and Morich, Sorry for the delay in final response. It did turn out to be the valve at the back where the hose fits in. I started to unscrew it and pink antifreeze starting spewing out. So, I screwed it back in and will get one for the spring. I feel much better now! Thank you so much for your assistance!!

Tags
shower, water