Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Like many others our shower faucet was hard to regulate, so I finally got around to taking it apart today. After taking out the valve assembly, what is left are two rubber seals where the hot/cold water enters the valve. These are spring loaded but only one could be pushed in, the other was bottomed out, seemed to be stuck. I wiggled it around & sprayed it with silicon. Now both can be pushed in and will spring back out. The temperature is a lot easier to control now. Only time will tell if it remains unstuck.
Old 05-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Like many others our shower faucet was hard to regulate, so I finally got around to taking it apart today. After taking out the valve assembly, what is left are two rubber seals where the hot/cold water enters the valve. These are spring loaded but only one could be pushed in, the other was bottomed out, seemed to be stuck. I wiggled it around & sprayed it with silicon. Now both can be pushed in and will spring back out. The temperature is a lot easier to control now. Only time will tell if it remains unstuck.
Old 05-28-2005, 02:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

The fix is a new control. I complained to my dealer and got a Moen control It is acommon problem in 03 rigs
Old 05-28-2005, 05:18 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Paul - I seem to have the same problem with my '02. Do you have the model #?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:45 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I also have the same problem. We use a lot of water just trying to get the shower water temperature regulated. I've looked around for a replacement control with no success. I too would be interested in the Moen replacement model number!

Thanks

Jim, Workamping in Durango CO and loving it at Alpen Rose RV Park

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited
Our Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 07:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

We had the same problem. Do a search... you will find a post with the model numbers. That's what I did.... then took the model numbers to the dealer and they ordered the parts and fixed it under warranty. (Of course, until I gave them the model number, they knew not what to do!!)

Our homes on the road
JudyandJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 05:52 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Dan,
I'm really interested in your shower control fix! Ours is the same way and I really don't want to buy another controller. Your repair makes sense, I think I'll give it a try.
Thanks for posting it,
Tagalong
Old 05-31-2005, 06:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Tagalong

Please post how it goes. I will wait and see how you do.

Thanks, Jim

Old 06-01-2005, 12:23 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Will do Jim, but I may not get to it for a few weeks... RVin ya know!
Old 06-01-2005, 02:06 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sangone:
Paul - I seem to have the same problem with my '02. Do you have the model #? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I read on a different post that the Moen part # is 82345

Hope this helps. I have the same problem.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Delorme GPS LT 40, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 06:00 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Anyone have pictures of the install/replacement they would like to share? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:19 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

About the MOEN, I have posted befor about the replacement!The #82345 was the one I used, ordered it over the web,for $110+ shipping.
Knowing that the 02 shower regulator was P/poor, I had to get all the information from this site or RV.net. I did have to use a drimel tool on the mounting, as the 82345 had a rib that stuck out in the back, and pushed the control handle out about an inch. from the original position of the old regulator! coop
Old 06-03-2005, 04:45 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

There have been multiple postings on this subject due to it's importance. I posted my fix to this problem over a year ago and here it is:

posted December 24, 2003 09:28 AM

OK, I did it. Yesterday I installed a Moen #82382 ($83 at Lowe's). I liked it over the #82505 ($60) because it has a lever handle instead of a round knob. Both of these are chrome and come with a shower head which won't be used.
The installation is not bad but I do have some useful tips I wish I knew before I had started.
1. Shut off the water and leave open faucets to releave any pressure.
2. Remove knob and trim plate.
3. Put some masking tape about 2" from end of hot and cold water lines to catch the fittings so they won't slide down the water line (out of reach) when loosened and removed from water control valve.
4. Loosen the fittings with water pump pliers and slide them out of the way but don't let them slide past the tape you installed in the above step.
5. Use a hair dryer to soften the water line and a flat blade screwdriver and long nose pliers to wiggle off the water lines from the three plastic barbed fittings.
4. Remove the old valve from the metal plate.
5. Transfer the three plastic fittings to the new valve. I used two turns of teflon tape but had to redo the entire process because it leaked, so use 5 or 6 turns of teflon tape to make sure no leaks will develop.
6. Reattach water lines to fittings on new valve.
7. Drill one new hole in the metal mounting plate using a long drill bit. I used the existing hole from the previous valve for the other mounting hole, (requires two mounting holes).
8. Install two long screws from previous valve to secure it to the metal mounting plate.
9. Turn on water and watch for leaks.
10. When satisfied, install the trim plate and control lever.

Note: The round 5" white plastic spacer that is attached to the new valve is not required and can be discarded.

Hope this helps.

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Lucky 13

Thanks for sharing your experience and tips. Looks like a good step by step for us rookies...

Jim

Workamping in Durango at Alpen Rose RV Park and loving it.

Old 06-03-2005, 03:26 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Where can you purchase this Moen part for the shower? Home depot, loews, or a plumbing supply store? Thanks, I have the same problem in my 02 Horizon.
richierich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 10:06 PM   #16

....being the inovativlylazy...I have only one faucet it is warm water....104 degrees...just enough for a shower and/or to wash hands and face in sink....hot water heater set for 106 degrees and hoses are insulated.......drinking water is in bottles along with dog water.....system is pressurized with air instead of a pump.....geof kaye-keep it simple and reliable with off the shelf parts at any hardware store......