Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2022, 09:14 AM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Toilet Sewer Line Leak

My 2012 Itasca Suncruiser 37F has developed a leak in the sewer line for the rear toilet. The toilet sits about 8 feet behind the blackwater tank, but Winnebago ran the sewer line 2 feet back, 7 feet across, 13 feet forward and then 7 feet back across the RV. Because of the length of the drain, they installed a power flush Thedford toilet. The leak is located at a 90 degree coupling above my hot water heater compartment. The toilet has 2 flush cycles. On the water saver cycle, I get a slight drip out of the bottom of the water heater cabnet. On the full flush cycle, I get a fairly steady stream. The blackwater is not hitting the water heater. My problem is getting access to the leak. I know exactly where it is but removing the water heater and even the entire compartment will not gain me access. There is a plywood floor panel above the water heater compartment. To access it from the top, I would have to remove the cabnet in the front bathroom. I'm single and don't really need two toilets but would like to find a way to fix it. Any ideas? Don't like the idea of cutting into the plywood panel from the bottom, because I know that there is wiring running under the front bathroom cabnet. I could see that from a small access panel.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 09:32 AM   #2
Site Team

I HOPE this is a very unique and unusual problem - because I have a 2017 37F (Adventurer = Suncruiser) with the same Techna toilet in the back bath plumbed to the mid-coach black tank.

Let us know how you figure this out.

Tags
leak, toilet