Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

After a week of waiting and waiting for the parts to arrive from Lazydays that was (allegedly) shipped overnight, it seems our Dometic SeaLand Concerto toilet was no closer to getting back in service quickly.

A call to the parts people in Tampa found me talking with someone very helpful. They told me the part number 385310964 they ordered for me would be here monday. That number did not have a familiar ring to it. A search through Dometic's site showed that part fits a model 3309 toilet. We have a model 3210, however.

Here's what we did to repair the Dometic:

Our new THETFORD was aquired for under $200 from a local RV dealer. It was cheaper in the long run than dealing with the hassles of warranty service from our dealer.

Life is "comfort"able again!

New Port Richey, FL
NR4A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

After a week of waiting and waiting for the parts to arrive from Lazydays that was (allegedly) shipped overnight, it seems our Dometic SeaLand Concerto toilet was no closer to getting back in service quickly.

A call to the parts people in Tampa found me talking with someone very helpful. They told me the part number 385310964 they ordered for me would be here monday. That number did not have a familiar ring to it. A search through Dometic's site showed that part fits a model 3309 toilet. We have a model 3210, however.

Here's what we did to repair the Dometic:

Our new THETFORD was aquired for under $200 from a local RV dealer. It was cheaper in the long run than dealing with the hassles of warranty service from our dealer.

Life is "comfort"able again!

New Port Richey, FL
Old 09-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

That is one fix that I can relate to.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:54 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I like it. Beats a porta potty too.
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Sam,

I was going to suggest that you just replace the whole thing but...

Now that I know that you are dealing with LazyDays that sheds a whole new light on the problem.

I finally got my coach back from them Tuesday and they seem to have finally fixed what I had listed from the PDI. In the 2 1/2 months since I picked up the coach the week of July 14, it has been in their service bays for 7 weeks to take care of things that should have been done before I drove it off the lot.

Only time will tell if they just patched things up to make it seem like they have truely been fixed.

Of course the coach is covered with greasy black hand and foot prints inside and out. The carpets are now soiled and it is obvious that the bathroom saw heavy use while it was there. My wife had cleaned it up spotlessly before we dropped it off because that is just her way.

(You should have seen her trying to neaten up our old coach when clearing things out after it had been totaled by a fire. She didn't want the insurance inspecter to think that she was a bad housekeeper. Burnt with blown out windows, wires hanging down and there she is trying to straighten up and make things look presentable.)

Anyhow, rather than send it back to be cleaned and potentially loose another month, my wife has spent about a day and then some cleaning up after them inside which leaves the shampooing of the carpets and the outside cleanup to me.

After that comes replacing the gally floor because of all the chinks in it from the hard copper wire trimmings they left on the floor and then ground in with their boots when replacing the ceiling lights.

Three bundles of laminate flooring should more than take care of it.

I don't feel it is worth the bother to try and get them to clean up after themselves and will gladly spend the $200 and take care of it myself so I don't have to deal with them.

So far their lack has already cost me well over $1000 for temporary AC and other items so what is another $200.

Hopefully this is the end of the troubles with clear sailing ahead for us both.
Old 10-01-2006, 03:32 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Neil -

Interesting (but sad) story. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Yes, it was easier and quicker in thelong run just to replace the commode with something that is more reliable and after a week of fighting with those people, was less stressful.

We have about 6 items left to be completed that should have been taken care of in PDI - but the excuses were lack of technicians and "we need to order parts and will get you right in when they arrive." Yeah, right!! Ive bought from them before and know the game.

In all right- Never EVER drive off the delivery lot until everything is completed to your satisfaction. I knew this from past dealings with them, but was unable to this time due to scheduling constraints.

It has only been 2 weeks since we got this Horizon from them - I am hopeful it wont drag on 2-1/2 months like yours.

But the end is in site.... for both of us, I am sure!

Happy trails!

New Port Richey, FL
Old 10-01-2006, 06:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Sam - that's too bad the potty is going to end up in the land fill. We have been using ours consistantly (as in every day) for a year and other than the handle falling off every month or two, it is a nice unit.

Too true about not leaving the dealer until everything is fixed.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote