Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-24-2011, 05:01 PM   #21
Winnebago Watcher

Plug

I had that problem 2 yrs ago. We were in a site with no sewage. Naturally we were conservative w/the toilet. Unfortunately we were also conservative with the water. We got plugged up.
The woman at the campground told me she was an expert at this problem, but try as she may, she could not resolve it. We both came to the decision, that I would put as much toilet chemical as I could in the tank, combined with as much water as I could put in the tank.
Then, on the trip back home I would tap the brake each time I thought it would be safe (with no traffic behind me). Shazam, it worked! When I got home I dumped at a state park and everything has loosened up and flowed wonderfully.

It worked for me, with no technical help, I hope it can work for you if nothing else does.
p.s. it was clean too.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:16 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

We too had been enjoying 'fountain follys' with our new coach. At first they thought it was a poorly installed vent pipe but when it occurred for the second time they discovered that the soil pipe from the toilet into the black tank was too long. Once the tank got near 1/2 full the bottom of the soil pipe was submerged.

Makes me wonder, shouldn't they know what the distance is from the roof to the tank, or from the bathroom floor to the tank? I'd think a piece of pipe cut to a precise and consistent length should avoid these problems but, apparently they prefer the TLAR method (That Looks About Right).
2017 GMC Acadia toad
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote