Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-27-2021, 07:28 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Toilet leaking / seeping at floor

Morning everyone! Last two trips I’ve noticed a tiny bead of wetness seeping at the base of the stool. Just enough that if i take a tissue and wipe it around the base of the stool i comes up damp, and frankly smells like urine. Very tiny leak, but bathroom beginning to smell like urine. The leak seems circumferential around most of the base of the toilet, with no leakage out onto the linoleum at this point. Does this sound like the toilet flange seal needs to be replaced? Any likely other possibilities? I’m presently in Colorado Springs, and there are some large RV dealers/stores - is this a very specific Winnebago/Dometic part, or will an RV store likely have one that will work well? How easily can I make this repair “on the road”? I think i have to pop the pex clamp on the water supply line, but i have my pex tools along, so should i pop the clamp at the toilet inlet, or at the supply line tee? Any/all other advice greatly appreciated!
KGs2108DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:43 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

With dozens of different brands and models of stools, installed over years and years of building different RV, there really has to be up around a thousand different situations you might have and you've told us very little to sort out the correct answers!
Some info on how old or which Dometic model you might have would be a start?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 08:41 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Morich! It is a dometic 300, and I’ve located a local RV parts that has it in stock. My trailer is a 2018 MicroMinnie 2108DS. Also, it looks like i can d/c the H20 without messing w/the pex clamps. One other question - how to best remove the smell caused by the seepage (minimal at this point) into the flooring (which, if i recall, the sub flooring is wood).thanks!
KGs2108DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

In dealing with urine odors in rental properties, we found a product that has various names/brans but is sold at commercial/industry supply places and they always just know it as "good bugs'!!!! Weirdly simple as it comes from different folks but it is some form of Enzyme which lives on urine!

We've not bought any in some times but I suspect urine smell is still a problem and somebody has something like it?? Simple to spray on and worked really good on pet problems like in carpeting.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 02:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

We have a 2020 2108DS with the smelly toilet, with "tiny" leak at the base of the stool. I removed the stool and found a seal that was not seated properly that allowed, hideously, a small amount of urine to collect INSIDE the toilet rim. this took weeks to collect and then the odor become more and more intolerable. Once I sanitized the stool, and re-seated the seal, the re-assembled stool worked fine. Until last week.
I am replacing the stool.
this is not the first thing we have had to fix or replace.
DLaw
Dlaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, toilet