Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-12-2015, 02:19 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Toilet in rear of a 38 Forza

I was sitting on the rear toilet lid looking at the washer to see how it works and move my right heel up against the toilet. Looked down only to see no foot pedal I was like what the heck is going on. I looked to the left and right no pedal. Now I'm doing a slow burn! What did they do put a defective toilet in here . So I went and got the manual for the rear toilet and discovered two buttons on the wall. I have never used a toilet like this. Has anybody had any problems with this toilet. How does this thing work and does this do the job?
Forzatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Push the buttons and see what happens.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:43 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yes, I have an electric toilet with buttons, I like it as it is convienent to flush and rise the bowl.

We did have trouble with the flush/gate mechanism. My wife was traveling solo when it happen and tried everything to get it to work with no success. She had to resort to using the manual knob on the back of the toilet underneath, almost impossible to get to.

I removed to the toilet and replace the whole mechanism and it has worked great for ~2 years.

I think if it fails again I'll go to the manual flush, cheaper and less trouble.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Hey ChasA, how can I push the buttons when I just bought it and it's been winterized. The temp where I live is in the teens headed to below zero.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Jacwjames, thanks for replying to my post. I have never seen a toilet like this. The dealer never explained how it works and from what I understand from reading the manual, one button is for #1 and the other is for #2. Is this standard for the 38R Forza or is it an option?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:42 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Could be the Tecma toilets. Like posted the button with the small graphic is for #1 and the button with the large graphic is for #2.

Dont push the button until you have water hooked up and are above freezing.

LOL - dont be sitting on it when you push either button!!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

That's what I am afraid of, I might get sucked into the black holding tank. Lol
Old 02-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

If you hold both buttons in at same time it will empty the bowl of all water so that while traveling the water does not slosh around. We have a 38r and have had no issues with this toilet.
1kycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 01:25 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
Yes, I have an electric toilet with buttons, I like it as it is convienent to flush and rise the bowl.

We did have trouble with the flush/gate mechanism. My wife was traveling solo when it happen and tried everything to get it to work with no success. She had to resort to using the manual knob on the back of the toilet underneath, almost impossible to get to.

I removed to the toilet and replace the whole mechanism and it has worked great for ~2 years.

I think if it fails again I'll go to the manual flush, cheaper and less trouble.
You do know that isn't really an option, don't you?
Old 02-13-2015, 05:33 PM   #10
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgray View Post
You do know that isn't really an option, don't you?
X2 The pipes will not last long before they plug.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

You are saying that a foot valve toilet will not work because the line is 2 inches in stead of three inches ? Is that why it will plug up. I can,t wait until the weather breaks so I can look all this stuff more.It is 9 degrees here and we got 3inches of snow today and the wind is blowing like crazy.
Old 02-15-2015, 09:29 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

The electric toilet is not always above the tank. There is a macerator that chews and delivers the 'goods' to the black tank.

The foot valve toilets are normally right above the tank so gravity does the work.

This is how I understand it works.
Old 02-15-2015, 11:49 AM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forzatm View Post
You are saying that a foot valve toilet will not work because the line is 2 inches in stead of three inches ? Is that why it will plug up. I can,t wait until the weather breaks so I can look all this stuff more.It is 9 degrees here and we got 3inches of snow today and the wind is blowing like crazy.
I believe "foot valve" toilets can ONLY be used when they drop directly into the black tank. IMO, even a slight "offset" which would require angled piping to reach the tank is a receipe for disaster. Macerator toilets were invented to provide coach builders with a way to avoid the "immediately below" requirement.

Early 1-1/2 bath models like my 2003 Newmar KSCA3740 had two foot valve toilets, and each had a black tank directly under it. The tank's discharge plumbing was full size with two valves leading to a single dump hose location. That designed worked well for the seven years we owned the coach, but apparently the macerator toilets have eliminated the need for the additional tank. My signature coach has a Techma macerator in the rear bath and it has been trouble free, but my wife is careful not to "overload" it. I always use the front bath gravity drop.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #14
Winnie-Wise

Only down side I see to the macerator units is the amount of water they use. If you are boon docking they quickly will fill the black tank and use up the fresh water. Not an issue for day or two travel in Walmarts and then in campground to dump and refill.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:31 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Thank u for replying to my post. Edgray I sure hope ur wife does not read that. U may wind up in the dog house LOL. We never boon dock and we never stay at Walmart. We have seen first hand what RVer do in the parking lot at Walmarts. I have a lot to learn on this Forza before April we r leaving for SC from Ohio.
Old 02-16-2015, 06:35 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
I was sitting on the rear toilet lid looking at the washer to see how it works and move my right heel up against the toilet. Looked down only to see no foot pedal I was like what the heck is going on. I looked to the left and right no pedal. Now I'm doing a slow burn! What did they do put a defective toilet in here . So I went and got the manual for the rear toilet and discovered two buttons on the wall. I have never used a toilet like this. Has anybody had any problems with this toilet. How does this thing work and does this do the job?
  • Ok don't panic. It is a newer commode. Wait till the weather warms then fill your pot tank or connect to city water via a hose. One button is for a little water, mostly for #1 and the other button is for more water to flush, mostly for #2. Both will dispose of either #1 or #2.
  • When you get ready to travel, push and hold both buttons and the commode will drain thus eliminating the problem of water splashing out while driving on rough terrain.
  • IF by chance you get a red blinking light on one of the buttons, that is reminding you that your black tank is full and should be emptied. There are times when the sensor fails or the switch fails and the light is blinking red. If that happens and you KNOW your black tank is empty, just hold down the button for 8 seconds and the commode will flush. You can continue to use the commode holding the button for 8 seconds until such a time as you can get to your dealer for repair.
Hope this helps
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
We have seen first hand what RVer do in the parking lot at Walmarts.
Can you us what you are observing? We have stayed at numerous Walmarts and have not observed anything untoward. I would like to know what to look for.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:28 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Well after ur post on the toilet on how it works we decided to get the books out. Now that we have all this down time there is one piece of paper on this toilet. Everything u posted is on this paper, good to know. The Walmart thing not going to open up that can of worms.