Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Plumbing | Systems and Fixtures
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Toilet handle removal

02 Winnebago 32' Adventure toilet flush valve water line fitting leaking.

How do you remove the handle on the Sealand Traveler model 111.

I have the manual but it is not too clear on how to remove the handle so I can replace the leaking fitting on the water line.

Thanks,

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Ron,

It may be easier to remove the toilet, usually 2 bolts that hold it to the floor and the water line. That way you can set it on a bench, and get to everything.

2003 Fleetwood Expedition 38N 2005 Saturn Vue
jlfbatonrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:43 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron & Dee View Post
02 Winnebago 32' Adventure toilet flush valve water line fitting leaking.

How do you remove the handle on the Sealand Traveler model 111.

I have the manual but it is not too clear on how to remove the handle so I can replace the leaking fitting on the water line.

Thanks,

Ron
if you are asking about removing the plastic foot flush lever, on my lever there is a cover on the toilet side held on by 2 screws. when that cover is removed, the lever slides off exposing the water valve and connections.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Thanks,

I got the handle off to expose the fitting that is leaking, tried tightening it but the fitting still leaks.

Any suggestions on how to fix the leak? There are two fittings on the water line leading into the valve, the one that is on the plastic pipe is the one that is leaking.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ron
Old 06-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron & Dee View Post
Thanks,

I got the handle off to expose the fitting that is leaking, tried tightening it but the fitting still leaks.

Any suggestions on how to fix the leak? There are two fittings on the water line leading into the valve, the one that is on the plastic pipe is the one that is leaking.

Any help would be appreciated,

Ron
they use pex fittings. pex fittings are available at hardware stores. some require tools to install. i have used these fittings from lowes with good results. they do not require special tools to install.

Shop PEX Compression Fittings at Lowes.com!
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:28 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks Dan,

It looks like I will have to replace the fittings and the hard plastic water pipe. I couldn't get the fittings off so I put pipe tape around the fittings and I'm down to just an occasional drip.

Going camping this weekend so I hope it holds until I can replace the pipe and fittings.

Ron
Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Ron, I went through the exact same thing last year with our Sealand toilet. You'll most likely need to replace the flush valve. They can be purchased online for about $40, or you can get one from your local RV repair shop for about $60. Pretty easy replacement with the toilet unmounted. If the plumbing is factory original you may need to replace the collar that screws onto the flush valve. Factory plumbing in RV's is usually put together with compression rings to connect the fittings to the tube/hose. They do develop leaks over time. The tubing and fittings can also be purchased from a RV repair shop. They're also compression type fittings, but use threaded connectors to compress. No specialty tools needed.

Enjoy your camping trip this weekend but keep an eye on it so your potty room floor doesn't get to wet. Plywood doesn't like water. If you're not on hook ups and using your water supply, turn off the pump when your asleep and when your out having fun. No pressure on the line will lessen the drips.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:36 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

If the fitting is not cracked, check the cone washer inside.

Tags
removal