Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Well, I really love my moho but I have finally reached the end of the line on this really awful tank level indicator system we have in the newer coaches. You all know which ones I mean - the ones that have the sensors on the outside of the tanks - yea - those.

The day before yesterday the gray tank suddenly indicated from it's normal 1/3 full to 2/3 full and we had done nothing but drive down the highway. I was really perplexed as to where the additional water came from in the gray tank. Then overnight it went from 2/3 full to full while we were asleep. I was really concerned then about who had been in the coach washing dishes or taking a shower while we were asleep.

DW and I have long asserted that there is someone else living in the coach doing the things that neither one of us do. You know - leaving the light on or putting something where it does not belong - yea we all have that extra person living in our homes and mohos with us but most of us do not have a name for the person.

Today I took all the panels off in the utilities bay to have access to the tanks and all I had to do was move the wires on the sensors around. Suddenly we are back to 1/3 full on the gray tank and I had just emptied it just in case there was someone else taking a shower that we did not know about.

Yes, I know about the system that has been discussed at lenght here but unless I decide to keep this coach I am not going to spend the money for it. If I do decide to keep it then it will be the first thing I do.

GRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanks for letting me blow off some steam

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
AdrianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well, I really love my moho but I have finally reached the end of the line on this really awful tank level indicator system we have in the newer coaches. You all know which ones I mean - the ones that have the sensors on the outside of the tanks - yea - those.

The day before yesterday the gray tank suddenly indicated from it's normal 1/3 full to 2/3 full and we had done nothing but drive down the highway. I was really perplexed as to where the additional water came from in the gray tank. Then overnight it went from 2/3 full to full while we were asleep. I was really concerned then about who had been in the coach washing dishes or taking a shower while we were asleep.

DW and I have long asserted that there is someone else living in the coach doing the things that neither one of us do. You know - leaving the light on or putting something where it does not belong - yea we all have that extra person living in our homes and mohos with us but most of us do not have a name for the person.

Today I took all the panels off in the utilities bay to have access to the tanks and all I had to do was move the wires on the sensors around. Suddenly we are back to 1/3 full on the gray tank and I had just emptied it just in case there was someone else taking a shower that we did not know about.

Yes, I know about the system that has been discussed at lenght here but unless I decide to keep this coach I am not going to spend the money for it. If I do decide to keep it then it will be the first thing I do.

GRRRRRRRRRRR

Thanks for letting me blow off some steam

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 05-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

My external sensors work perfectly.

Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I thought it was sort of funny that Winnie sells the Sensa Tank (or some name like that) aftermarket product in the parts/acessories area of the service office here in Forest City.

The 1/3 2/3 thing is absolutely driving me bonkers - the system works okay 99% of the time but I need more resolution on how full (or empty) the tanks are.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 02:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

John,

Take a look at this thread. Sea Level

I may install this system. From reading this thread several times I really like it.

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 05-06-2006, 09:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Hi Adrian,
Remote readout water meters, you can't get more accurate!

Old 05-07-2006, 04:32 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

MrTransister,

Pardon my ignorance please but what is that? Who makes it and how does it work?

2006 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
Old 05-07-2006, 10:26 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Hi Adrian,
That is a picture of the two water meters that I installed in our water compartment. This link has most of the detail on its operation.

http://irv2.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/248609445...061099112#9061099112

I'll be glad to furnish any additional information.