Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Tank Heaters - any thoughts?

In an effort to make my 2015 Era all-season I am considered installing heaters on my fresh, gray, and black water tanks.

Does anyone have any experience with these? How well do the work? I'm wondering why Winnebago didn't put them in at the factory. I mean, new it was a $100,000+ vehicle so the extra cost wouldn't seem to be that big of a deal. Maybe there was something else that made them not put them in. Like, they don't work very well?

Maybe someone has another suggestion for dealing with freezing water?

Thanks in advance!
Captain Bago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 02:09 PM   #2
Site Team

Heating pads on your tanks were not even an option on the 2015 ERA.

Adding heating pads on your tanks may not automatically make your RV a 4-season motorhome. Perhaps WBGO never intended the ERA to be used as a winter coach? It would depend on the location of water pipes in the walls and under the floor of the motorcoach. And the amount of insulation used in the walls and ceiling.

Tags
heat, heater, tank