Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2022, 04:50 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Somebody please confirm where I’m supposed to attach city water in a 2022 Micro Min

This is going to be a two-part question. Please, forgive my ignorance as this is new to me.

I hooked up our 2022 2225RL to what I thought was the correct city water port. I turned the water on and then began doing some outdoor prep only to hear a strange rushing noise. I went inside the camper to find that the toilet was overflowing and was running down the hallway towards the bed in the front of the unit and then disappearing only to reappear leaking from the bottom of the couch in a couple different places.

Question 1 - did I use the wrong inlet? If so, will you please tell where the city water should connect? Is it the white port to the left of the black one?

Question 2 - I did my best to get all the water cleaned up and even ended up poking two small holes in the underbelly in order to let water, that I could feel
when pushing up on the plastic, drain from that.

Is this something I should be thinking about filing an insurance claim for, or should I be fine to just let it dry out and we just move on with the lesson learned?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2F3D4755-045C-4862-833E-22A5DC65B974.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	305.3 KB
ID:	182429  
kjc12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It is the black water flush connection, maybe a Sani Flush system, that you connected to. That is why your toilet overflowed- the black water tank filled up and overflowed the toilet.

The white connection is the shore power water inlet.

Black and white, right?

It is good practice to use separate hoses for the black water flush and the shore water.

If the toilet wasn't filled with waste, then drying things out may be all you need to do. If waste was flooded throughout the coach then maybe scrubbing down with a bleach solution is required.

David
Old 04-04-2022, 05:50 PM   #3
Site Team

They used to put stickers on all these inlets. Why they stopped I don't know. Also, when you picked up your TT your dealer is required to walk you through all of these things.

There is another white inlet on the other side of the RV and it's the gravity feed to fill up your fresh water tank.

When you dump the tanks the gray water dump should have a gray handle and the black water handle should have a black handle. These too used to have stickers on the body. I'm guessing they left these off as well.

Good luck!

PS. WATCH TONS of "newbie" RVing Youtube videos.

As for an insurance claim... what actual damage can you point to in the claim?
Old 04-04-2022, 10:12 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Everyone answered your question. Now, it’s time for some serious Lysol. Sorry that happened to you, but I’ve seen it happening even when it was correctly labeled!

The fact that your toilet overflowed tells me that either the seal in the bottom of the toilet is faulty or the flapper valve in your toilet is faulty. Most people when they to do that it goes up through the vent because of the roof, I’d their toilet is sealed well.
Old 04-05-2022, 10:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

To a certain extent, I fault Winnebago for not clearly labeling this inputs.

You might want to take out your operator manual and do a detailed walk-through of all systems to make sure you fully understand everything. I don't know about your Micro Minnie but there might be some valve settings for your freshwater inlet that switches between filling the freshwater tank and using city water to supply water. When using city water, you should also use an external pressure regulator:

https://www.thervgeeks.com/does-my-r...ure-regulator/

You wouldn't need the pressure regulator when flushing your black water tank.

It could be worse, the original owner of my MH accidentally put gasoline into the gravity feed freshwater fill inlet. How this could happen is beyond me since they're so different. I only know about this since they logged the incident inside the cover of the operator manual, including the cleaning. They must have done a good job since the water from the tank is perfect.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 02:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Wow, you really would have to work at it to get gas into the gravity fill port. It would take a funnel as the gas nozzle is too big to fit into that port.

David
Old 04-05-2022, 05:17 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
Wow, you really would have to work at it to get gas into the gravity fill port. It would take a funnel as the gas nozzle is too big to fit into that port.

David
I should have checked when I was at the storage yard today but my MH is a 2002 so the gravity feed could be bigger than on later models.
Old 04-05-2022, 10:08 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
You might want to take out your operator manual and do a detailed walk-through of all systems to make sure you fully understand everything.
Unfortunately, the OP’s Travel trailer doesn’t come with much of an Operator’s Manual. Us motorhome owners are spoiled because we have complete manuals that cover much of the information we need on how to operate our entire RV. Plus online resources that details even more.

Towable owners have virtually none of this.

It’s true, other TT manufacturers follow this same approach. But, it’s past time for Winnebago to stand out in this crowd and set the tone for the industry.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:41 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

It certainly can't be all that expensive to give online access to diagrams, manuals, etc.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:31 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
It certainly can't be all that expensive to give online access to diagrams, manuals, etc.
They haven't developed the materials - not really - so there's nothing to put online.

I know the three Northwood Industries travel trailers we owned came with nothing but a plastic bag with the installation/operation/warranty paperwork that came with every OEM 3rd party item in and on the TT.

Same for our Forest River Forester Class C.

Our Winnebago motorhome is the first RV we've owned with extensive manuals and access to online resources.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:53 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
They haven't developed the materials - not really - so there's nothing to put online.

I know the three Northwood Industries travel trailers we owned came with nothing but a plastic bag with the installation/operation/warranty paperwork that came with every OEM 3rd party item in and on the TT.

Same for our Forest River Forester Class C.

Our Winnebago motorhome is the first RV we've owned with extensive manuals and access to online resources.
My two Nash TTs didn't have much more than a small, pretty generic pamphlet so that's not surprising.

I assume that Winnebago must have plumbing and wiring diagrams they could post. It certainly would cut down on phone and email queries. I can see how the 3-D parts catalog would take some work.
Old 05-12-2022, 01:26 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Hi kjc12. From the photo and description of toilet overflow, I agree with DavidM - looks like you connected to the "Black Tank Flush" connection. Color may not have anything to do with City Water or Black Tank connections because both of mine are black. They look very similar (yours may be different) but the Black Tank Flush is the lowest connection. My city Water connection is above my Outdoor Shower and I've marked it with a yellow arrow. I hope this helps.
Attached Images

Tags
water