Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I used our shower during our maiden voyage and found the water pressure to be very low. The pressure at the sinks are great so it is not the pum. Is there a pressure reducer in the shower to force one to conserve on water as is in our home *which I removed)? The shower has the wand so there is a slider valve at the input line as it comes into the wand line and which simply cuts off the water that is supplied from the main H/C control handle. Does the main control just turn left for hot and right for cold to off. Most of the controls I have seen pull out and push in to control flow and left or right for temp. Ours does not seem to push in or pull out.
Thanks -- Frank O.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I used our shower during our maiden voyage and found the water pressure to be very low. The pressure at the sinks are great so it is not the pum. Is there a pressure reducer in the shower to force one to conserve on water as is in our home *which I removed)? The shower has the wand so there is a slider valve at the input line as it comes into the wand line and which simply cuts off the water that is supplied from the main H/C control handle. Does the main control just turn left for hot and right for cold to off. Most of the controls I have seen pull out and push in to control flow and left or right for temp. Ours does not seem to push in or pull out.
Thanks -- Frank O.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrankO:
Thanks -- Frank O. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frank,

On mine you tilt the knob up and down to control the flow and turn it side to side to control the temp. Check the back of your shower wand as it may also have a shutoff that you twist to activate.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:15 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Also FrankO some folks and I often do, use the pump as well as city water at the same time to enhance the waterflow in the coach..Works for me .If you check things out and you are still not happy go for a larger pump. All part of Rving.

Hooked my toad to the 35U and found I need a drop down reciever to make the tow bar level. Nother $150.00??? Worked fine on the 03 Diesel, All part of Rving...Good and Safe Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:20 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Frank, you have a couple of great tips already. You probably ought to check the inline screens in your shower connection all the way out to the sprayer.

After many years our kitchen faucet just started slowing down. All the other faucets were fine. Pump was fine. City fine. On 1 slow Sunday, took faucet apart and found lots of 'gunk' in the screens. Including some teflon tape. Removed that stuff and was fine after that.

2017 Cedar Creek 38EL/2015 Silverado 3500HD
CC38EL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Hi Frank, yes there is a flow restrictor in the shower connection. I removed mine because we spend many months in Mexico and the municipal water comes in at a very, very low pressure. Yes, turning on the pump helps a little but I still found it unacceptable. If you do a lot of boondocking, then you should probably leave it alone, however, if you stay primarily at places with hook-ups, removing the restrictor would be my advice.

Best regards,
Larry
Cat C-7 DP -- 2 slides -- computer table dinet -- full body paint -- Satellite Dish: Winegard Movin' View Dome -- Toad: 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD -- Aux Brake: none -- Tow Bar: Sterling All Terrain -- GPS: Garmin Street Pi
KE0M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Larry KEOM
I was just about to post the same concern I am having with shower flow. Where is this restrictor located?
Thanks
Frank

FireStarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:11 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Ditto on the pump AND city water pressure. It was a noticeable difference and one of those things I hit myself in the forhead for not thinking of sooner.
jtharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Hi Ho: The flow restrictor is usually a washer with a small hole in it. It is generally at the point where the spray head attaches to the hose or at the other end. It was at the shower head on our fixed shower. Before removing it we could only get a dribble, so it was a no-brainer to do that. Good luck.
Viel Spass und viel Glueck von Jena, Germany
dirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:17 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all the great feedback. I put the MH in storage for a couple of weeks so while waiting for my ride I decided to take a look at the connection. It turns out that at the pipe outlet in the shower there is a slider HW connector that restricts the flow. The hole in the connector is no larger than an eigth of an inch. I didn't have any tools to take this adapter off and connect the wand directly to the wall outlet. I think that will solve my problem. I think I will also upgrade the main controller as I am use to the "joystick" type.
We will be doing lots of boondocking so I have to get the pressure I need with pump only. I think the pump should be OK as is as the pressure from the regular faucets is great.
Thanks for the help and I will post my results when I can get to it in a couple of weeks.
Frank O.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:33 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Hi Frank. I took the flow restrictor out of my shower (I seem to remember it being where the hose attached to the wand). It made a slight difference to the pressure, but made a larger difference to the sensitivity. Before I took it out, we only had to make a very slight adjustment to the valves to change the temp. Now it is less sensitive (which is a good thing!)

Jeep Wrangler
Gary the Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote