Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I previously posted fact that shower liner cracked and I subsequently arranged an appt. at the factory in Iowa to repair. Dealer had quoted me near $900 for repair. Someone asked that I post followup so here tis'....Cost of the job was just under $675. and they did not cut me any slack despite fact I had requested some consideration due to the oddity of the situation and the coach is an 02 Itasca Suncruiser 35U. That was pretty much what the dealer quoted me but they also had a $250 extra freight charge which I managed to spend in fuel anyway coming and going. Wanted to see the factory though and thought job might be more efficiently done there as dealer admitted had never installed one. Aside from that, there were approximately 20 coaches there for a variety of reasons, about 5-6 gas, the rest diesels. Could not find a happy camper amongst the bunch, most were there to have myriad of problems that had been fixed or unfixed by the dealer done again. Not much doing in Forest City Iowa either!!!
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 11:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I previously posted fact that shower liner cracked and I subsequently arranged an appt. at the factory in Iowa to repair. Dealer had quoted me near $900 for repair. Someone asked that I post followup so here tis'....Cost of the job was just under $675. and they did not cut me any slack despite fact I had requested some consideration due to the oddity of the situation and the coach is an 02 Itasca Suncruiser 35U. That was pretty much what the dealer quoted me but they also had a $250 extra freight charge which I managed to spend in fuel anyway coming and going. Wanted to see the factory though and thought job might be more efficiently done there as dealer admitted had never installed one. Aside from that, there were approximately 20 coaches there for a variety of reasons, about 5-6 gas, the rest diesels. Could not find a happy camper amongst the bunch, most were there to have myriad of problems that had been fixed or unfixed by the dealer done again. Not much doing in Forest City Iowa either!!!
Old 04-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Funny you should mention the factory - we are in Kansas on our way to Forest City to get our warranty items fixed while we are still in warranty (May 25 is the magic date.)

In spite of many items (most are little things) on my repair list, I am a happy camper because I think I have a wonderful product that is going through a natural evolution from an assembly of thousands of discrete and multi-sourced parts to an entity where most everything works most of the time.

God Bless Forest City - Americana at its finest

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 02:24 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

Anyone that has doubts about "happy" Winnebago owners ought to attend a GNR....Lot's if happy campers there!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:50 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

We got better service from Winnebago than we ever did from Fleetwood. Besides Winn. you can drive up without an appointment. Just be first in line on Monday. At FW no factory unless a dealer says they can not fix it. At least that is how they took care of us.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:28 AM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

Winnebago Industries factory support is excellent. Their staff of trained and certified technicians resolve problems and we the customers benefit from this extraordinary customer service.

Winnebago Industries owners are typically very pleased with their products and the Forest City experience makes it worth while to take the trip.

Winnebago Industries also has a rally team that has most recently attended the SE Area Florida WIT Rally in Orlando and "The Rally" in Daytona.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I am on my second Winnebago MH, and the reason I purchased the second was the service I received at Forest City Factory service. They are fair, and try their best to take care of your problems.

I met a few owners in Forest City that were very grumpy, but with most their dealer had mishandled their service and that was why they were in Forest City.

I have had trouble with a leaking slide since new and I have an appointment in Forest City for them to fix the problem under warranty. Yes, they muffed the previous attempts to fix it, BUT service explained that Engineering was having trouble with the slide rubber design. They told me as soon as a new design was available they would contact me, and set up an appointment.

We are full timers and needed a company that would stand behind their product, and they do. This isn't to say we haven't had our share of trouble, but I think everyone has some trouble from time to time. This Forum helps us owners to share our experiences and I sure want to thank everyone for a lot of good info.

2003 Ultimate Advantage
Ptribbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Don't shoot the messenger guys, just giving you my most recent experience as to satisfaction amongst the owners who had appointments. As to just being first in line on Monday getting you in, maybe in the past..not now...half a dozen people without appointments had to wait until Tues and some Wednesday, no crowding in front of the appointments which is good.