Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Just got back from a trip to California. While parked in an RV park there noticed that the shower liner had cracked starting just below the head supply line mount, angling down thru the upper shower mount. The crack is about 13 inches long and will flex under slight pressure. When we took delivery on this coach 3.5 years ago dealer had to tighten upper shower mount, seems like if that were contributing cause it would have happened a long time ago. I feel this is installation related and Winnebago should help on repair. Any other views, experiences etc. on this happening to one or more of you. My local dealer has never seen it before that he can recall.Any ideas on who to discuss with at the factory?
Gordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 08:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Just got back from a trip to California. While parked in an RV park there noticed that the shower liner had cracked starting just below the head supply line mount, angling down thru the upper shower mount. The crack is about 13 inches long and will flex under slight pressure. When we took delivery on this coach 3.5 years ago dealer had to tighten upper shower mount, seems like if that were contributing cause it would have happened a long time ago. I feel this is installation related and Winnebago should help on repair. Any other views, experiences etc. on this happening to one or more of you. My local dealer has never seen it before that he can recall.Any ideas on who to discuss with at the factory?
Old 03-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Call Winnebago Owner Relations at 800-537-1885 or email them at [email protected]. I have had great success through both calls and emails. I've never worried about talking with a specific individual ...all have been very helpful to me the many times I have contacted them just for info, or for assistance. Have your coach s/n ready as that is one of the first questions they will ask.
Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Paul, I have arranged for an appointment at the factory to get the replacement done. They will examine it then for any possible financial assistance but I am not banking on it.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago replaced a bathtub for me that was out of waranty due to a crack. Let us know what the outcome is. Reliable in Springfield did the change and did a good job.
Old 03-08-2006, 02:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have had a similar problem. The crack went from the upper shower head mount around the corner and into the side wall for about 5 inches. I tried using an epoxy designed for fixing bathroom walls but the result wasn't very good. For now I am living with it. I also had to tighten up the mount as you mentioned. Let us know how you make out, I would be interested in having Winnebago fix this as well.

Pete B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I have an apptment at the factory on 4/3 to have this job done. When I talked to the coordinator there I asked him about possible financial help from Winnebago, had to give me official answer of no on the phone but stated they would review it closely when there. Will let you know the outcome. Priced the job thru a dealer, around $500 for wall and basin (2 part and sometimes basin gets damaged in removing wall), truck freight on the wall and about 3hours of labor, $800 to $1000.